Hacking M3DS Real System Files 3.6x Released and Sakura Delayed

InfinitiProject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kreatosoupa said:
It's free, so I can wait. The M3 Real does what I bought it to do, so I don't mind waiting for something that is EXTRA and FREE. People just take too much for granted these days. Pffff...
blink.gif
+1

Once it rears its face, MOST people will go ape**** over it and the excitement dies down sooner than you think just like everything else that's hyped up. I'm happy with what i'm using now. It does what it's supposed to do: play roms.

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yah the hype is surprising, given this is just a flashcard firmware... i mean if someone were bringing out a machine that produces lingerie models on demand then it'd be reasonable... currently, not so much

chaotic_geo

OP
Trophies
Website
thegamingforum.org
XP
Country
llatnik said:
yah the hype is surprising, given this is just a flashcard firmware... i mean if someone were bringing out a machine that produces lingerie models on demand then it'd be reasonable... currently, not so much

Well it just shows that the M3 team are popular and have a damn good rep.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11gardir said:
Bear in mind that the m3 team haven't released any particularly amazing firmware so far.
That was all done by r4.
Are you completely forgetting all their fantastic slot-2 carts?

In addition, the R4 loader is anything but "amazing".

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually, Urza, I must agree with you..They had/have amazing slot 2 carts, and I never actually liked R4/M3 Simply interface, as I'm a guy who like complex skins, and many elements..

As warmijwilfaain said, he prefers M3 Real, that's the exact case with me..I love how skins looks on it, and what could you do with it, if you have some design skills..

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, sakura does away with everything about skins and brings up the media player to the front. The only good part that can be skinned as you see fit is the media menu, I wish those smooth scrolling effects would be added to the actual firmware menu, imagine selecting an icon and zooming towards you and opening the rom menu like OSX, or coverflow... or drag and drop the roms icons into a cheat icon or run icon to start the game!

maybe until the G7 REAL...
dry.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm well aware of DS-X
wink.gif
, it wasn't all that bad cart, but people who created it, actually, ruined it!!Bad support killed that cart..

Now, I'm making the last preparations for uploading of my skin for Real..Probably I'll upload it tonight, maybe, some of you will like it..

As soon Sakura is released, I'll be making some skin too..(all my skins are biomechanical based, I'm all into that stuff)

ridgecity: nice idea, something like iPhones interface..but we still don't know if it will be icon based GUI, or list based, as it was in the test beta version.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kreatosoupa said:
It's free, so I can wait. The M3 Real does what I bought it to do, so I don't mind waiting for something that is EXTRA and FREE. People just take too much for granted these days. Pffff...
blink.gif

You didn't pay for your card?? lucky man! I bet everyone else here paid for the card, and the firmware that runs on it!

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ridgecity said:
kreatosoupa said:
blink.gif

You didn't pay for your card?? lucky man! I bet everyone else here paid for the card, and the firmware that runs on it!
i think you misread his post or something. he clearly stated that he bought the card. it's the new firmware that is "free."

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think ridgecity's being ironic..He knows that kreatosoupa bought the cart, but he wants to point out that firmware isn't actually free, because it should come with the cart, that you pay for, therefore isn't free!!

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, sorry for my messed grammar.
Just trying this firmware, it says "keep 100% game compilibility (games up to 2268 were tested)"
But I'm still having Soft-Reset problem in 1456 - Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass (U).
The problem is when playing the game with soft-reset (using +X/ +Y) in The Temple of the Ocean King, after you get the item "the Sea Chart," the game is freezing, both screens turn black and there's a buzzing sound. The only way to fix this is to turn-off the Soft-Reset.

The ROM isn't Bad Dump Either, I've checked it with NDS-Header.
I'm using M3DSR Perfect, Kingston 2 GB made in Taiwan.
Here's my savegame in case you want to test it, load the 2nd slot (Profile JoN). Be carefull back-up your data first!

http://rapidshare.com/files/113114755/Zeld...ss__U_.sav.html

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
"100% game compatibility" just means the games work, doesn't guarantee that soft-reset/slow/cheat/etc. would work as well.

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Chrono_Tata said:
"100% game compatibility" just means the games work, doesn't guarantee that soft-reset/slow/cheat/etc. would work as well.

Yeah, I also though so.
Oh well, It looks like I've wait until the next firmware or waiting until Sakura released.
Wonder if anyone else also having the same problem. Thx anyway.

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I only use soft reset for GBA mode. -____-;
Or the Media-Extend. Some people just want the extra feature I guess... eh, I rarely use SR alie I said though, so i'm unaffected.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
does it really matter?
it takes about 5 secs to get back into the menu with the power switch
Ah, the typical M3 Real zealot. Complacent with with every inconvenience thrown his way simply because it "does what its supposed to", blindly recommending the cart to all his friends when its clearly more than a suboptimal choice.

I tip my hat in mockery, good sir
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1