Hacking M3i Zero/M3DS Real three-core version 2.1 Released

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Excellentnuke said:
So in order to play games on the new loader, you need to delete the .sav file?
Not all games from what I can tell. Some games work just fine (at least for me) like I got GTA Chinatown wars to play just fine without any problems and really most of my games. I only had to delete one save file in order to get a game to work and that was Glory of Heracles.
I am testing out all the games I have so far and just about 100% working with all of them.

One other thing to note Glory of Heracles still doesn't work with RTS and or Soft-Reset on this either.

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
strangely, out of the games I've tried, all the sav files created with Sakura gets corrupted when loading through the Main Menu
1. New Super Mario Bros (U)
2. The World Ends With You (U)
3. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (U)
4. Cate West: The Vanishing Files (U)
5. Chrono Trigger (U)
6. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (U)
7. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (U)
8. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (U)
9. Dragon Quest 6 (J)

100% Sav Corruption rate

@A Gay Little Cat Boy, could you give me a list of games to try that doesn't corrupt the sav file when you load them thru the Main Menu?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dsrules said:
strangely, out of the games I've tried, all the sav files created with Sakura gets corrupted when loading through the Main Menu
5. Chrono Trigger (U)
9. Dragon Quest 6 (J)

100% Sav Corruption rate

@A Gay Little Cat Boy, could you give me a list of games to try that doesn't corrupt the sav file when you load them thru the Main Menu?
Sure thing, I have a lot of games, so expect it too take a little bit to get through all of them

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
5. Chrono Trigger (U)
9. Dragon Quest 6 (J)

100% Sav Corruption rate

The World Ends With You never gave me a sav corruption, but the 3rd Phoenix Wright game did.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest IV doesn't work for me. I'm gonna stick with Sakura for loading games since I don't want to go through the whole process of restoring save data.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
*hint hint* this is beta its not perfect and most likely will screw a lot of things up, so just note your issues and send it to the dev instead of bagging them out

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Before people go throwing rocks at it like it's the Anti-Christ, remember one thing, it's only Beta and Sakura wasn't perfect either. So give this a couple of months for them to fix out all the bugs.
EDIT: I got rid of the list because it turned out to be my card that was problem.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Games that work
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings
Animal Crossing Wild World
Anno 1701
GTA Chinatown wars
Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles
Assassin's Creed II Discovery
Avalon Code
Bleach: The Blades of Fate
Daniel X

This is not a full list, but I have like 10gigs worth of DS games to go through, so please others help add to this list of games working
I will be updating this list as frequently as possible and for some reason it now freezes on ever time I try to load into the NDS file, so bare with me on and please help out by posting some working games and I will add them to the list.

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Advance Wars: Days of Ruins is the only game I could load without corrupting the sav file

Note: The Main Menu loader is based on Sakura 1.44's game engine, the one where Zelda had problem loading

is that 1.44 is the one that corrupt your save files?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
Advance Wars: Days of Ruins is the only game I could load without corrupting the sav file

Note: The Main Menu loader is based on Sakura 1.44's game engine, the one where Zelda had problem loading

is that 1.44 is the one that corrupt your save files?

Yah that may be the problem.

But how are you so sure it's not using touchpod's updates?

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot t copy the top part of the Firmware description from their china site:

"Software Description:
M3i Zero/M3DS Real 2.1 beta 3 nuclear systems, as developers, some travel, M3SAKURA core temporarily unable to integrate the latest 1.45 version, please understand. However, M3SAKURA game and 1.45 compatibility has been elevated to a considerable, but "The Legend of Zelda soul track" and 1MB archive If you have not established, would cause the game to not start correctly. "

it's based an older Sakura 1.45 version, so now safe to say that they're using the sav file corruption version

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A quick review of M3i Zero/M3DS Real three-core version 2.1

This is just a brief summery of what I have encountered so far.

Well after spending a good long time messing around with this, I advice people try not to use this gaming at the moment.
Right now it seems that it has low compatibility level, no DlDI, if you use soft-reset or anything like that it glitches out (at least for me) Every time you try and load a game it will blue screen. (tested, turned out to be my card)
It seems to have problems with my SDHC cards (tested, turned out to be my card), some of the features aren't up to pare and really it's not stable all and all.
So in conclusion: It's a far better boot loader than original one since you don't need to hold A anymore, it looks really sexy and is all pretty pretty shinny shinny, but using it past a boot-loader, I won't advice it at the moment.
I know I posted a longer version, but this is just a smaller version for anyone who justs wants a quick and to the point review

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to use it for Glory of Heracles since it worked once I deleted my save file. I didn't even start yet so it's all good
tongue.gif

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think they finished this Beta back when the Sakura 1.45 Sav file corruption version came out and get intergrated into the Main Menu (OS) Kaura, and since some developers are on vacation now, it won't get fixed until they're back, it's possible that it might take a week or 2 or more til the sav file corruption s fixed

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dsrules said:
I think they finished this Beta back when the Sakura 1.45 Sav file corruption version came out and get intergrated into the Main Menu (OS) Kaura, and since some developers are on vacation now, it won't get fixed until they're back, it's possible that it might take a week or 2 or more til the sav file corruption s fixed
They also need to work on the game compatibility, unless that's not the issue and it's just the fact that they need to make it work better on SDHC cards.
Either or, most of my games don't work on this menu and it kinda sucks since I am really enjoying how the menu is set up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: