Hacking M3 V27

Morning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heya! Thanks HEAPS czw for the news!

Just wanna say, that i finally got my M3 Lite =D

So when i got it ilke 6hrs ago, i updated it to v26, and yes, Castlevania Intro was choppy and slowed down with my 1gb Sandisk MicroSD.
But with this one - it is perfect - no slow down at all!!
Havn't tried any other games, but i think if castlevania intro was bad in v26 and now is perfect in v27, can presume that all other games will play perfectly =)

Otherwise, the m3 lite is a great product! Really happy now ^.^

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
My moment of Conspiracy:

Well, the crews of M3, G6, SC, etc already know about the Castlevania Intro test.

They can concentrate efforts to create a firmware update that make their devices pass *just* the Castlevania test.:-D

Creating the illusion that the games will run perfectly just because the castlevania video is ok.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
there are 2 skins inside the BACKING folder, one form New SMB and the other one from FF III. They look very nice!
Anyway from what I tried Starfox Command now plays fine when patched in FAST mode (tried 4x-reset-no trim) and the read/write speed of the SD card is better now. I've noticed it when I rebooted by DS to save the game, it did it faster than before.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know where those list of fixes came from but on the Chinese GBalpha site it's the following:

1. "0547 - Chou Soujuu Mecha MG" is now transferred properly and works.
2. "0540 - Starfox Command (U)" can now be used with Fast Boot mode.
3. Improved the read speed of 4x DMA. If a game supports it, a ROM written in 4x DMA mode will be read at 8x speed.

czw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems have bug in Internal Moonshell.
If you have problem,go to gba mode and update your firmware again.

zekerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've just got myself a M3Lite, can someone please tell me which file I should download to update it?
And how about that Internal Moonshell, how does it work? And what are it's features?
Thank you!
yaynds.gif

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heya! Thanks HEAPS czw for the news!

Just wanna say, that i finally got my M3 Lite =D

So when i got it ilke 6hrs ago, i updated it to v26, and yes, Castlevania Intro was choppy and slowed down with my 1gb Sandisk MicroSD.
But with this one - it is perfect - no slow down at all!!
Havn't tried any other games, but i think if castlevania intro was bad in v26 and now is perfect in v27, can presume that all other games will play perfectly =)

Otherwise, the m3 lite is a great product! Really happy now ^.^

I'm glad to hear that the "SD Improvement" found in v27 also applies to the M3 Lite (MicroSD) as well.
yaynds.gif

I don't know where those list of fixes came from but on the Chinese GBalpha site it's the following:

1. "0547 - Chou Soujuu Mecha MG" is now transferred properly and works.
2. "0540 - Starfox Command (U)" can now be used with Fast Boot mode.
3. Improved the read speed of 4x DMA. If a game supports it, a ROM written in 4x DMA mode will be read at 8x speed.

Wow, 8x DMA Read Speed. Can anyone verify this?
wacko.gif

S

Solidstate

My M3 lite is due to arrive any day now. In the meantime I've been using my 2gig Sandisk Transflash in its SD caddy in my side loading SD M3.

I can confirm that the Castlevania intro now runs glitchfree on my card. Its a bog standard 2gig Sandisk Transflash (not an extra fast one). I had to delete my existing Castlevania and reflash it using the V27 Pc software to get the speed enhancement.

This is excellent news as it shows that the standard 2gig Sandisk transflash is fast enough.

czw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if add 8x DMA,there are too many option to choose.
so M3 offical hidden 8x DMA.
if that game support 8x DMA,when you choose 4x DMA then GM will auto convert it in 8x DMA.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My M3 lite is due to arrive any day now. In the meantime I've been using my 2gig Sandisk Transflash in its SD caddy in my side loading SD M3.

I can confirm that the Castlevania intro now runs glitchfree on my card. Its a bog standard 2gig Sandisk Transflash (not an extra fast one). I had to delete my existing Castlevania and reflash it using the V27 Pc software to get the speed enhancement.

This is excellent news as it shows that the standard 2gig Sandisk transflash is fast enough.

Where did you get your 2GB MicroSD from? And how much?

The only place I seen it is at the Verizon Wireless store for $99.99, which is a big price tag for only 2GB... I have seen 1GB microSD for $35...
wtf.gif

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if add 8x DMA,there are too many option to choose.
so M3 offical hidden 8x DMA.
if that game support 8x DMA,when you choose 4x DMA then GM will auto convert it in 8x DMA.

So you would have to re-patch your ROMs with GM V27...
in addition, you theoritically wouldn't know which ROMs load @ 8x compared to 4x... there is no way of knowing if it's running at 4x or 8x...
wtf.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indeed. But if you're already fine with the way games run, you wouldn't need to re-patch them, do you?
wink.gif

Anyway, I've had no slowdowns at all with my M3 and 1GB Infinite SD card so far even before this upgrade.

ejx982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Where did you get your 2GB MicroSD from? And how much?

The only place I seen it is at the Verizon Wireless store for $99.99, which is a big price tag for only 2GB... I have seen 1GB microSD for $35...[/quote]

That's about how much I've seen them online. I found them by using www.pricewatch.com & www.ebay.com After shipping it comes about to about $100. It's expensive, but I don't want to fumble with different cards. I got my 2GB MiniSD for $65, and it's already $45 right now. I hope that if I wait about 4 weeks, there will be more reviews of M3L and it's homebrew / compatability and hopefully there will be more companies releasing 2GB MicroSD cards, hopefully in Ultra models too.

In addition, has anyone tested the M3L + v27 with Final Fantasy III?

ejx982

V

vancitypimp

Yup, now Castlevania seems to run with no slowdown on a OCZ 133x 2GB SD Card where before it would stutter in parts. Had to reflash it to get the speed up.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That is AWESOME! Thanks! I just bought a 2 GB micro Sandisk off eBay too, but was starting to get worried it would slow down with my M3 Lite... Thanks for the post again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work