M3 Sakura Website (English!)

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Styles420, Jan 5, 2009.

Jan 5, 2009
  1. Styles420
    OP

Member Styles420 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure some of you out there have already discovered this, but I haven't seen it in any of the posts yet (could have just missed it) - go to www.M3Sakura.com

Yes, the English web site is up! It currently says "Under development," but it's still a good sign that the official English Sakura release is imminent. I will be checking that page every day, I'm sure - many times a day, even, lol.

EDIT: To avoid further hyping - this message is mostly for first time viewers of this topic - further reading in the posts below will confirm that I was wrong, that site has been up and under construction for quite some time (as much as a year by some reports). I noticed the view count rising rapidly, so I thought I'd help save some of your time by summarizing the main topic - but feel free to read and join in the discussion if you wish!

2. xultimate

Newcomer xultimate Newbie

United States
    I know that website already in a past month and I been waiting too finish this to release official english of m3sakura.

3. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    It's been like that forever. No one has posted anything about it because there's not much to see...yet. [​IMG]

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    That site is up for almost a year now like that!
    So don't hype up too much! [​IMG]

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    maybe athin has some news? d:

6. Styles420
    OP

United States
    Really? A year? And here I thought I'd discovered something new... thanks for correcting me, no use getting my hopes up and checking the site OCD-style if it could be several more months.

7. burp61

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    i hate to disappoint you but that was there for like f=more then a year, before sakura's official release.

8. ahtin

Member ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    I have ask them some question

M3 English, no reply
    M3DSRi , no reply
    GPS, finished and will release soon

9. superbob

Member superbob GBAtemp Regular

France
    What is GPS ?

10. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Global positioning - Sat Nav

They are looking at an add on to the DS that would enable it to be used as a Sat Nav

see www.m3adapter.com news

11. superbob

Member superbob GBAtemp Regular

France
    Great thing ... but ... I'd rather like them to release english sakura before doing this kind of stuff...

12. Styles420
    OP

United States
    I'm with superbob on this one...

Sent an email to the webmaster to see if I could get any guesses at a release date, no reply (as I expected, but had to try - I hoped to have something to make up for the over hyping [​IMG])

UPDATE: As expected, I have received no reply at this time. I guess the M3 team is notorious for not answering emails, though I didn't know that at the time of my email... oh well.

13. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Yeah, I'm really sorry we had to burst your bubble like that [​IMG]
    But better that, then expecting to get some news, and wasting your time on constantly checking the page [​IMG]

You don't have to apologize for anything, your intentions were good!

I'm interested in seeing that GPS thing....I'm not quite sure if it'll gain big success!
    I know that they have been working on that for several years now!

14. Styles420
    OP

United States
    And I now officially feel welcome in the community, ha ha. I wasn't sure how critical you guys would be - I've seen many forums where newcomers are put through a lot of abuse for not being in the know... glad this one isn't like that.

Guess we just have to sit back (im)patiently waiting on this one for a while longer.

Oh, and I tried to look up that GPS thing, couldn't find it yet but I will keep looking... it could be cool for driving directions (download the map in advance, keep track of where you are on the road), and who knows what they'll use it for in games...

15. halomasta

Member halomasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Lawl @ M3 not giving a fuck

16. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, be sure you're very welcomed [​IMG]
    I hope you'll stay here for good!

Here is the link for that GPS http://www.dsgis.net/ so feel free to check it out [​IMG] Looks pretty good, but I'm not sure how it'll work in Europe and in other parts of the world..

However, I doubt it'll be used in any game [​IMG]

17. Styles420
    OP

United States
    That does look pretty cool... one confusing point though, a lot of the site almost makes it sound like they've been able to use the internal WiFi antenna as a GPS antenna... I would think external GPS hardware would be required though. I suppose it shouldn't hurt anything to try though, so I might - hopefully the worst that could happen is possible having to reload my flash card if the files somehow get corrupted, I can't imagine it messing up my hardware... still, I don't expect it to work

18. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    It'll require slot two hardware!! Antena will be made like a slot 2 cart!

[​IMG]

19. Styles420
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I realized what they meant by "internal antenna" after I posted... Guess I could have edited my post, just thought about that. Although, their requirements listing did include a slot-1 flash cart and slot-2 memory expansion (such as M3 Real/GBA expansion combo)... so where would the antenna plug in for that? Unless that download was designed to be a demo that doesn't actually link to the GPS sats?

Edit:

Finally found a post that clarified that point

20. HiProfile

Newcomer HiProfile Member

United States
    As fantastic as it would be to have a handheld GPS device (omg, that would be so novel... [​IMG] ), they should focus on something that doesn't exist - an official Sakura release. I equate their prioritization to the flashcart itself - it would be like making a new NDS game before the firmware to use the flashcart. GPS devices exist already, if you didn't catch my drift...

As for the actual GPS specs, remember that sometimes they don't update all info during developement, and stuff is always lost in translation.