Hacking M3 Sakura Website (English!)

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure some of you out there have already discovered this, but I haven't seen it in any of the posts yet (could have just missed it) - go to www.M3Sakura.com

Yes, the English web site is up! It currently says "Under development," but it's still a good sign that the official English Sakura release is imminent. I will be checking that page every day, I'm sure - many times a day, even, lol.

EDIT: To avoid further hyping - this message is mostly for first time viewers of this topic - further reading in the posts below will confirm that I was wrong, that site has been up and under construction for quite some time (as much as a year by some reports). I noticed the view count rising rapidly, so I thought I'd help save some of your time by summarizing the main topic - but feel free to read and join in the discussion if you wish!

xultimate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that website already in a past month and I been waiting too finish this to release official english of m3sakura.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's been like that forever. No one has posted anything about it because there's not much to see...yet.
frown.gif

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
That site is up for almost a year now like that!
So don't hype up too much!
frown.gif

Really? A year? And here I thought I'd discovered something new... thanks for correcting me, no use getting my hopes up and checking the site OCD-style if it could be several more months.

burp61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate to disappoint you but that was there for like f=more then a year, before sakura's official release.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Global positioning - Sat Nav

They are looking at an add on to the DS that would enable it to be used as a Sat Nav

see www.m3adapter.com news

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Kittymat said:
Global positioning - Sat Nav

They are looking at an add on to the DS that would enable it to be used as a Sat Nav

see www.m3adapter.com news
Great thing ... but ... I'd rather like them to release english sakura before doing this kind of stuff...

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with superbob on this one...

Sent an email to the webmaster to see if I could get any guesses at a release date, no reply (as I expected, but had to try - I hoped to have something to make up for the over hyping
biggrin.gif
)

UPDATE: As expected, I have received no reply at this time. I guess the M3 team is notorious for not answering emails, though I didn't know that at the time of my email... oh well.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Styles420 said:
I'm with superbob on this one...

Sent an email to the webmaster to see if I could get any guesses at a release date, no reply (as I expected, but had to try - I hoped to have something to make up for the over hyping
biggrin.gif
)
Yeah, I'm really sorry we had to burst your bubble like that
frown.gif

But better that, then expecting to get some news, and wasting your time on constantly checking the page
wink.gif

You don't have to apologize for anything, your intentions were good!

I'm interested in seeing that GPS thing....I'm not quite sure if it'll gain big success!
I know that they have been working on that for several years now!

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I now officially feel welcome in the community, ha ha. I wasn't sure how critical you guys would be - I've seen many forums where newcomers are put through a lot of abuse for not being in the know... glad this one isn't like that.

Guess we just have to sit back (im)patiently waiting on this one for a while longer.

Oh, and I tried to look up that GPS thing, couldn't find it yet but I will keep looking... it could be cool for driving directions (download the map in advance, keep track of where you are on the road), and who knows what they'll use it for in games...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Styles420 said:
And I now officially feel welcome in the community, ha ha. I wasn't sure how critical you guys would be - I've seen many forums where newcomers are put through a lot of abuse for not being in the know... glad this one isn't like that.

Guess we just have to sit back (im)patiently waiting on this one for a while longer.

Oh, and I tried to look up that GPS thing, couldn't find it yet but I will keep looking... it could be cool for driving directions (download the map in advance, keep track of where you are on the road), and who knows what they'll use it for in games...
Well, be sure you're very welcomed
wink.gif

I hope you'll stay here for good!

Here is the link for that GPS http://www.dsgis.net/ so feel free to check it out
smile.gif
Looks pretty good, but I'm not sure how it'll work in Europe and in other parts of the world..

However, I doubt it'll be used in any game
frown.gif

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does look pretty cool... one confusing point though, a lot of the site almost makes it sound like they've been able to use the internal WiFi antenna as a GPS antenna... I would think external GPS hardware would be required though. I suppose it shouldn't hurt anything to try though, so I might - hopefully the worst that could happen is possible having to reload my flash card if the files somehow get corrupted, I can't imagine it messing up my hardware... still, I don't expect it to work

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I realized what they meant by "internal antenna" after I posted... Guess I could have edited my post, just thought about that. Although, their requirements listing did include a slot-1 flash cart and slot-2 memory expansion (such as M3 Real/GBA expansion combo)... so where would the antenna plug in for that? Unless that download was designed to be a demo that doesn't actually link to the GPS sats?

Edit:

QUOTE said:
RangerDS 0.54 (the stable version) is released now, which can be used without the hardware.
We hope it can help you to understand our project better.
For now, it is just a demo. So some functions may not be available now.

Finally found a post that clarified that point

HiProfile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As fantastic as it would be to have a handheld GPS device (omg, that would be so novel...
rolleyes.gif
), they should focus on something that doesn't exist - an official Sakura release. I equate their prioritization to the flashcart itself - it would be like making a new NDS game before the firmware to use the flashcart. GPS devices exist already, if you didn't catch my drift...

As for the actual GPS specs, remember that sometimes they don't update all info during developement, and stuff is always lost in translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs