Hacking M3 Real Perfect vs EZFlash 3-in-1

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm considering both of these because they do the following (correct me if I'm wrong):

- ability to play GBA games
- Rumble feature
- RAM for Opera

Both of them have the same features. I've read some reviews and they both look good to me (except for the following)

For the GBA part:

- I read in some post that Minish Cap only saves and it doesn't load a save file
- RTC is not that OK (for Pokemon games and such)

For the rumble part:

- Noisy?

If there's a better slot-2 solution, can you tell me what it is and will it work with most of the flash carts (R4, DSTT, CycloDS)?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the 3-in-1 has RTS (real time save)
some correct me if im wrong
the 3-in-1 is more noisy then actually rumble as the reviews said, have friends that actually said this, they turn the rumble off because its more of a con

and yes both zelda gba games dont save
I havnt messed with the RTS yet for it, but for other games works fine
RTC doesnt really effect gameplay for pokemon, just a few timed events that arnt needed to play the game

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 Perfect Expansion Cons:
- Need to carry seperate carts for Rumble and GBA/Expansion
- No NORflash
- Have to use the M3 Real to get RTS and NDSGBA linkage

EZFlash 3 in 1 Cons:
- Rumble is loud
- No RTS

The EZF3in1 is the superior choice for the most part, unless you really need RTS (which requires the slot-1 M3 Real, not a particularly good slot-1 cart imo).

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
M3 Perfect Expansion Cons:
- Have to use the M3 Real to get ... NDSGBA linkage
Are you sure? GBA ExpLoader allows NDSGBA linkage in PSRAM mode with the 3-in-1 (you just choose a game and press select), I don't see why it couldn't do the same with the M3 GBA expansion.

You would still need a slot 1 cart that supports soft reset from GBA ExpLoader though; the NOR in the 3-in-1 allows for linkage with any slot 1 cart or even retail DS games (except for Pokemon).

Speaking of Pokemon, you can link a GBA pokemon game on the 3-in-1 to a patched Diamond or Pearl rom on any slot 1 flashcart. With the M3 GBA expansion you can only link pokeymans with the M3 Real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0