M3 Real Perfect vs EZFlash 3-in-1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by R2DJ, May 3, 2008.

May 3, 2008
  1. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I'm considering both of these because they do the following (correct me if I'm wrong):

- ability to play GBA games
    - Rumble feature
    - RAM for Opera

Both of them have the same features. I've read some reviews and they both look good to me (except for the following)

For the GBA part:

- I read in some post that Minish Cap only saves and it doesn't load a save file
    - RTC is not that OK (for Pokemon games and such)

For the rumble part:

- Noisy?

If there's a better slot-2 solution, can you tell me what it is and will it work with most of the flash carts (R4, DSTT, CycloDS)?
  2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    I dont think the 3-in-1 has RTS (real time save)
    some correct me if im wrong
    the 3-in-1 is more noisy then actually rumble as the reviews said, have friends that actually said this, they turn the rumble off because its more of a con

and yes both zelda gba games dont save
    I havnt messed with the RTS yet for it, but for other games works fine
    RTC doesnt really effect gameplay for pokemon, just a few timed events that arnt needed to play the game
  3. Urza

Member Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    M3 Perfect Expansion Cons:
    - Need to carry seperate carts for Rumble and GBA/Expansion
    - No NORflash
    - Have to use the M3 Real to get RTS and NDSGBA linkage

EZFlash 3 in 1 Cons:
    - Rumble is loud
    - No RTS

The EZF3in1 is the superior choice for the most part, unless you really need RTS (which requires the slot-1 M3 Real, not a particularly good slot-1 cart imo).
  4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    Portland, OR
    United States
    Are you sure? GBA ExpLoader allows NDSGBA linkage in PSRAM mode with the 3-in-1 (you just choose a game and press select), I don't see why it couldn't do the same with the M3 GBA expansion.

You would still need a slot 1 cart that supports soft reset from GBA ExpLoader though; the NOR in the 3-in-1 allows for linkage with any slot 1 cart or even retail DS games (except for Pokemon).

Speaking of Pokemon, you can link a GBA pokemon game on the 3-in-1 to a patched Diamond or Pearl rom on any slot 1 flashcart. With the M3 GBA expansion you can only link pokeymans with the M3 Real.