m3 real gba saving/loading issue

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Respwner, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Respwner
    OP

Respwner Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2010
    Norway
    Hi, im having some trouble with my m3 real, when im playing gba games everything works perfectly and there are no error messages whatsoever, but when i turn off and back on the save games are gone. Same with the rts function, works if i save and load while playing, but just freezes with a green screen if turned off in between. I can still find the blank savefiles when i connect it to my pc.
    Nds games still work, saving and loading included, so does gbc games through lameboy as well. Seems to me like slot 2 loses its information when i turn it off and creates a blank save file when turned back on, or something along those lines.

Has been working like a charm for some time, but suddenly something messed up somehow. Around the time i started using lameboy. Dont know if thats a coincidence or if it has something to do with it.

Would really appreciate it if someone knows whats wrong and/or how to fix this, been searching my ass off without any luck so far.

2. Magmorph

Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    Your battery is probably dead. Try keeping your slot 2 plugged in as you charge your Ds. That should recharge it.

3. Respwner
    OP

Respwner Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2010
    Norway
    Is the slot 2 battery charged when ds is off or must it be turned on?
    Guess it needs to be on and hope it works

Thanks [​IMG]

4. Respwner
    OP

Respwner Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2010
    Norway
    Left it charging with the slot 2 inserted through the night (7-8 hours) and still saves blank when i tried it today.
    Any trick to it or are its days numbered? :/

5. powelstag

powelstag Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2010
    United States
    My gba games won't save. A save file is made in the GBA folder as usual, but it never loads when I start the game.
    Also, when I try using the real time save function and loading the game, the DS freezes with a blank white screen.
    I have a theory that it could be because I trimmed the games using tokyotrim, but it doesn't seem likely.