M3 PERFECT'S tiny flaw

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by kingeightsix, Jan 4, 2008.

Jan 4, 2008

M3 PERFECT'S tiny flaw by kingeightsix at 2:32 PM (2,029 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. kingeightsix
    OP

Member kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    well, it isn't a big problem for me as i only have my m3 in my micro 24/7 but for those of you who switch flash carts / originals / etc... you may find that the m3 perfect pushes the micro's pins too far up. it's a tight squeeze and i didn't think it was a problem until the other day i popped in my official yoshi's island cart... it wouldn't read. i tried popping in my metroid... same situation. i popped in my m3, again and it works. i'm guess the pins were pushed too far back...

i'm very bad with explaining things so if anyone who understands me could just reply to this post for others to see, it'd be great. some people might not want their micro semi-damaged.

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    So, what you mean is, the M3 actually makes your Gameboy Micro unable to read any other GBA cartridges? Man, that's bad! I hope it doesn't give any problems on my DS and GBA...

3. kingeightsix
    OP

Canada
    i guess it's only when you switch it to the GBA shell... i've never tried it in the DS shells so i wouldn't know... but my micro no longer reads other gba carts.

4. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    Sort of off topic, where would one buy a GBA sized shell for the MicroSD M3 Perfect?

5. kingeightsix
    OP

Canada
    kicktrading.ca, gamersection.ca

i'm a micro user... i don't think i'd post up any ds-related content to a gba section.

6. foob

Member foob GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    That sucks.
    I was considering getting one, and was just about to ask if there's any stick-out when put in a Game Boy Micro (M3 Perfect MiniSD cart was slightly bigger than a standard Game Boy Advance cart in a pic I saw).

7. kingeightsix
    OP

Canada
    no stick out. just you won't be able to run other carts.

8. foob

Member foob GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeh, shame about it stuffing things up.
    Do you think it's a one-off flaw or (ie. bad assembly) or indicative of a general design problem of the cart itself? Would be interested to see if others see the same problem.

9. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    do you have the see-through m3 perfect?

10. Kizmatti

Newcomer Kizmatti Member

United States
    Ive been using my M3 Perfect lite in my Micro, GBA SP, and DS Lite, for a year or more.

I just checked 20 some odd original gba games in all 3 systems after reading this post, and they all work fine here.

If this did effect my systems, i guess i wouldnt look at it as a huge problem, when you can load the roms for the original games you have and runnim on the M3 perfect.

11. kingeightsix
    OP

Canada
    well, seeing the other posts... i guess it's just the one i have. didn't take into consideration that it might just be mine. oh well.

12. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My M3 Perfect will be coming in a day or two. So I'll confirm then.

This is the first I've ever heard of it, so maybe it's just a problem he's having. But even if it does do this, I'll probably never play real carts in my micro again, so sticking with the m3 won't be a huge deal.

Haven't you tried your m3 in your micro Pharaoh? Are you still waiting on your new one?

13. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok, I just got my M3 this morning. And I've been taking the M3 in and out all day of the micro. Then try a regular game cart, and everything is fine. The regular game cart starts right up.

Of course, kingeightsix's problem may have happened over time. So I'll keep checking. But the M3 gba shell is the same size of the G6 gba shell(which I've been using since Christmas), so I don't really seeing it doing any damage.

But I'll keep checking.

14. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've had my M3 lite in my NDSL's Slot-2 since November, and after reading this, I tried an official GBA cart and the dust cover, and they were both pretty loose. They stayed in when I shook the NDSL around, but they were very loose.