kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, it isn't a big problem for me as i only have my m3 in my micro 24/7 but for those of you who switch flash carts / originals / etc... you may find that the m3 perfect pushes the micro's pins too far up. it's a tight squeeze and i didn't think it was a problem until the other day i popped in my official yoshi's island cart... it wouldn't read. i tried popping in my metroid... same situation. i popped in my m3, again and it works. i'm guess the pins were pushed too far back...

i'm very bad with explaining things so if anyone who understands me could just reply to this post for others to see, it'd be great. some people might not want their micro semi-damaged.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, what you mean is, the M3 actually makes your Gameboy Micro unable to read any other GBA cartridges? Man, that's bad! I hope it doesn't give any problems on my DS and GBA...

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i guess it's only when you switch it to the GBA shell... i've never tried it in the DS shells so i wouldn't know... but my micro no longer reads other gba carts.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
well, it isn't a big problem for me as i only have my m3 in my micro 24/7 but for those of you who switch flash carts / originals / etc... you may find that the m3 perfect pushes the micro's pins too far up. it's a tight squeeze and i didn't think it was a problem until the other day i popped in my official yoshi's island cart... it wouldn't read. i tried popping in my metroid... same situation. i popped in my m3, again and it works. i'm guess the pins were pushed too far back...

That sucks.
I was considering getting one, and was just about to ask if there's any stick-out when put in a Game Boy Micro (M3 Perfect MiniSD cart was slightly bigger than a standard Game Boy Advance cart in a pic I saw).

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been using my M3 Perfect lite in my Micro, GBA SP, and DS Lite, for a year or more.

I just checked 20 some odd original gba games in all 3 systems after reading this post, and they all work fine here.

If this did effect my systems, i guess i wouldnt look at it as a huge problem, when you can load the roms for the original games you have and runnim on the M3 perfect.

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
no stick out. just you won't be able to run other carts.

Yeh, shame about it stuffing things up.
Do you think it's a one-off flaw or (ie. bad assembly) or indicative of a general design problem of the cart itself? Would be interested to see if others see the same problem.

well, seeing the other posts... i guess it's just the one i have. didn't take into consideration that it might just be mine. oh well.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My M3 Perfect will be coming in a day or two. So I'll confirm then.

This is the first I've ever heard of it, so maybe it's just a problem he's having. But even if it does do this, I'll probably never play real carts in my micro again, so sticking with the m3 won't be a huge deal.

Haven't you tried your m3 in your micro Pharaoh? Are you still waiting on your new one?

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just got my M3 this morning. And I've been taking the M3 in and out all day of the micro. Then try a regular game cart, and everything is fine. The regular game cart starts right up.

Of course, kingeightsix's problem may have happened over time. So I'll keep checking. But the M3 gba shell is the same size of the G6 gba shell(which I've been using since Christmas), so I don't really seeing it doing any damage.

But I'll keep checking.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my M3 lite in my NDSL's Slot-2 since November, and after reading this, I tried an official GBA cart and the dust cover, and they were both pretty loose. They stayed in when I shook the NDSL around, but they were very loose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s