Hacking M3 new firmware: M3Sakura preview

Pauloc7s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
aaaw... i'm conformed with the situation... i remember when the same thing occurried with Ninja Gaiden... but i supported. i'm not so excited like i was one month ago.

let's wait... ¬¬

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urza said:
Yes, lets all keep posting even though no new information has been released.

Productive.

meaning spam?

QUOTE(Japhle @ May 11 2008, 02:03 AM) I agree with Urza. I'll just say that I can't wait, and that I hope it's not going to be the next spore, but in a firmware sense of mind.

example of spam?

my message = spam? wtf!

anyway here is a question... did anyone manage to get the m3sakura beta2 onto their m3real? how did you do it? i only manage to get it on a few non m3 flashcarts. but never been able to run it on a m3real. is there any dfference between them? when i boot the m3sakura beta2 on the m3real, it freezes on the moonshell loading screen.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^its not supposed to load that stuff yet
it was just a preview to allow you to see how smooth the menu system works now

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingof4j said:
Urza said:
Yes, lets all keep posting even though no new information has been released.

Productive.

meaning spam?

QUOTE(Japhle @ May 11 2008, 02:03 AM) I agree with Urza. I'll just say that I can't wait, and that I hope it's not going to be the next spore, but in a firmware sense of mind.

example of spam?

my message = spam? wtf!

anyway here is a question... did anyone manage to get the m3sakura beta2 onto their m3real? how did you do it? i only manage to get it on a few none m3 flashcarts. but never been able to run it on a m3real. is there any dfference between them? when i boot the m3sakura beta2 on the m3real, it freezes on the moonshell loading screen.

don't know if it's the same problem as I had(I got a japanese error in the loading) but I fixed it by copying all my data on the microsd to my hd and reformatting it.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
^its not supposed to load that stuff yet
it was just a preview to allow you to see how smooth the menu system works now

=.=!! i think you misunderstood me. I KNOW ITS A PREVIEW... right now im talking about m3sakura it self freezes when i switch on the nds. It freezes at the moonshell loading screen. (m3sakura is based on moonshell.)

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingof4j said:
=.=!! i think you misunderstood me. I KNOW ITS A PREVIEW... right now im talking about m3sakura it self freezes when i switch on the nds. It freezes at the moonshell loading screen. (m3sakura is based on moonshell.)
Which are you using? The "firmware" edition, or the "software" edition.

firmware: replaces firmware of M3 Real
software: boots from .nds file

Also, this a common issue, if you recently used it and it crashed in the middle of an audio or video file playback, than simply delete the old session file. Or, failing that, install a clean version of Sakura.

I recommend using the software edition, since replacing the firmware is pointless, since it can't boot most homebrew or .nds games.

The software edition is listed as R4 and other carts.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeoGunKuruma said:
kingof4j said:
Which are you using? The "firmware" edition, or the "software" edition.

firmware: replaces firmware of M3 Real
software: boots from .nds file

Also, this a common issue, if you recently used it and it crashed in the middle of an audio or video file playback, than simply delete the old session file. Or, failing that, install a clean version of Sakura.

I recommend using the software edition, since replacing the firmware is pointless, since it can't boot most homebrew or .nds games.

The software edition is listed as R4 and other carts.

right now i am talking about the firmware edition. i already tested the software edition on several carts already. I want to see if their is any difference between the firmware edition and the software edition.

ps. it still crashs each time i try to start the nds on the firmware edition, even if i do a clean installation.

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingof4j said:
right now i am talking about the firmware edition. i already tested the software edition on several carts already. I want to see if their is any difference between the firmware edition and the software edition.

ps. it still crashs each time i try to start the nds on the firmware edition, even if i do a clean installation.

Use the software edition, there isn't any difference between the two versions as of this current release.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingof4j said:
By clean install, do you mean you've completely reformatted your card and just put Sakura on it, not your old files?

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stratton_865 said:
kingof4j said:
By clean install, do you mean you've completely reformatted your card and just put Sakura on it, not your old files?

yes, i format my card completely. and its still the same. but never mind................

m3sakura is here...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=86206

T

toto

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +2