Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

M3 DS Simply loader update 1.03

Out now...

m3dssimplyzg0.gif
Loader update 1.03 has been released by the M3 team. No prizes for guessing what's new in this update! That's right; 1.03 brings it up to date with R4 DS 1.07 and adds additional skinning enhancements. The loader also cycles between skins every month (no alternate loader to disable this!).

As always, download right here:

download.gif
M3 DS Simply loader 1.03

Thanks to Buster for the news!

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
What's up with this R4DS/M3 Simply update competition thing?

It's almost the same thing, made by same labs, works the same way and there's only a lag on releases...

Looks like the labs tests new release systems with R4DS and, if anyone don't find bugs, it releases the same thing for M3 Simply... isn't it?

Nehle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I loaded up a theme.ini just to see how it looks and, surprise surprise
laugh.gif

Code:
; =======================================
[About]

; Ö÷Ìâ±êÌâ
Title=R4 example theme

; Ö÷Ìâ×÷Õß
Author=R4 team

; Ö÷ÌâÖÆ×÷ÈÕÆÚ
Date=03/06/2007

They could at least have spent a few more seconds on it
rolleyes.gif

Regardless, I like the new skinning options

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
nice find!

heres a noob question - if i put the new firmware on a diff memory card, can i switch between them, or is it loaded into the m3 card?

also, can i just use 1 theme with this update? it doesn't have an alternative like the r4 has - do i have to have 12 themes loaded?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice find!

heres a noob question - if i put the new firmware on a diff memory card, can i switch between them, or is it loaded into the m3 card?

also, can i just use 1 theme with this update? it doesn't have an alternative like the r4 has - do i have to have 12 themes loaded?
No, u don't. just delete the theme folder and put your skin where u used to. Should work fine.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eh...doesn't really do anything for me....no big features , i don't have 12 themes i even like, i still use the windwaker theme.

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you don't want the 12 themes cycling thingy, you can have one theme in the _system_ dir, and omit the _system_/themes dir. i guess it's the default theme that is loaded when it can't find the monthly theme :/

ps: i really need to start reading the posts
tongue.gif

anyways, it's the same way w/ the R4 1.07 (a & b use the same _DS_MENU.DAT file)

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
SWEEEET! got it installed (and can revert back by copying the old firmware back on - just in case!)

updated my theme.ini file and it looks very professional (a modified version of the klean r4 skin, extended into moonshell with a bright orange selection bar) - exactly what i was hoping for!

dishme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It's almost the same thing, made by same labs, works the same way and there's only a lag on releases...

Looks like the labs tests new release systems with R4DS and, if anyone don't find bugs, it releases the same thing for M3 Simply... isn't it?

R4 is the lab, M3 just buys and rebrands the R4. Get with it, if you do not like the wait, don't buy the knockoff, buy the original, the R4

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

R4 is the lab, M3 just buys and rebrands the R4. Get with it, if you do not like the wait, don't buy the knockoff, buy the original, the R4
That's funny. I was under the impression that M3 owns the labs, as they have their own for a couple of years. R4 procured the rights to use the hardware as well as taking charge of the software development, while GBAlpha (parent company of M3 and G6) have been focusing their attention on readying the Real product lines. If you can prove me wrong, then please, do so.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's funny. I was under the impression that M3 owns the labs, as they have their own for a couple of years. R4 procured the rights to use the hardware as well as taking charge of the software development, while GBAlpha (parent company of M3 and G6) have been focusing their attention on readying the Real product lines. If you can prove me wrong, then please, do so.

There is currently no proof for the argument to go either way. All that is known is that each product is identical in hardware, and it is assumed R4 is the manufacturer for this particular flash cart because they release firmware first. However your point also makes sense, so eh.

vanlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another noob question

This is my first firmware update, can I just copy in the _DS_MENU.dat over or do I have to copy everything else in, I already have my moonshell 1.71 and skins set up the way I like it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock