Not open for further replies.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys just wanted to make sure it was safe to update my 3ds's
I have a old3dsxl that has a modefied secure info A, a blank nnid save, and a modefied local friend code seed B, and was wondering if it was safe to update with those modefied files.(I have a9lhv2 and latest luma stable (6.6))
I also have a new 3dsxl that dosent have those modefied files (It has a9lhv3 and luma stable (6.6)) and my last question was should I update to luma nightly before updating or stay on stable?
Maybe it works with 6.6 stable but i would recommend to better use the nightly version because there are many things included that are not in the stable version.
For the other question i can't help because have no experience with changed files. Don't think it's a problem but just for safety i would recommend you to better wait for someone to answer who has experience with it.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it works with 6.6 stable but i would recommend to better use the nightly version because there are many things included that are not in the stable version.
For the other question i can't help because have no experience with changed files. Don't think it's a problem but just for safety i would recommend you to better wait for someone to answer who has experience with it.
Ok thanks for the info.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

i had an idea last night: How would it be translating the settingsmenu into german language? Would do it because have much free time actually :)
And then add a funktion in the settings to select the language you want. Maybe we find people from other country's who translate it to outher languages and at the end we have a multilanguage CFW :)
The same thing could i also do to decrypt9, hourglass9 und emunand9. It's possible with nearly every Application.

So if you are interessted in helping or if you just think it's a good idea then please let me know so i see that more people are interested in this :)

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi,

i had an idea last night: How would it be translating the settingsmenu into german language? Would do it because have much free time actually :)
And then add a funktion in the settings to select the language you want. Maybe we find people from other country's who translate it to outher languages and at the end we have a multilanguage CFW :)
The same thing could i also do to decrypt9, hourglass9 und emunand9. It's possible with nearly every Application.

So if you are interessted in helping or if you just think it's a good idea then please let me know so i see that more people are interested in this :)
If this would be implemented, I wouldn't mind to do the Portuguese translation

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok great so i'm not the only person who would be happy if the config options were in the language that you learned best ;)

Will look at the source code and try to figure out how this could be implemented easily.
But first of all i have to study the source code and how the config menu and file is created.

Will post it here if i get it working.

Rybean1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've read a bunch of things on GBAtemp, but I never needed to make an account until now. Anyway, I have an Old 3DS with EmuNAND on rxTools. Since 11.3 patched rxTools, I want to switch to Luma, but I want to run Luma from MenuHax from CTRBootManager, since I don't have and don't plan on getting A9LH. Could someone guide me through how to switch from rxTools to Luma? BTW, my SysNAND is 9.2, and my EmuNAND is 10.5 incase anyone was wondering or if that's necessary to know.

Thanks!

Rybean1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've read a bunch of things on GBAtemp, but I never needed to make an account until now. Anyway, I have an Old 3DS with EmuNAND on rxTools. Since 11.3 patched rxTools, I want to switch to Luma, but I want to run Luma from MenuHax from CTRBootManager, since I don't have and don't plan on getting A9LH. Could someone guide me through how to switch from rxTools to Luma? BTW, my SysNAND is 9.2, and my EmuNAND is 10.5 incase anyone was wondering or if that's necessary to know.

Thanks!

I found this video, but it's outdated, so what should I do?

Rybean1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will that overwrite rxTools? And after I update to the latest version of Luma, can I update my EmuNAND to 11.3?

Rybean1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a black screen when booting Luma, any ideas why? rxTools works fine, but Luma gives me a black screen. My EmuNAND is still on 10.5 btw. Was I not patient enough? I powered off my 3DS after about 20 seconds.

Last edited by Rybean1,

Rybean1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a black screen when booting Luma, any ideas why? rxTools works fine, but Luma gives me a black screen. My EmuNAND is still on 10.5 btw. Was I not patient enough? I powered off my 3DS after about 20 seconds.

Never mind, I just had to try again. So I have the Latest Version of Luma3DS, and I'm running it through MenuHax, not A9LH, so is it still okay for me to update to 11.3? And should I make an EmuNAND.bin backup through EmuNAND9 before updating?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, I just had to try again. So I have the Latest Version of Luma3DS, and I'm running it through MenuHax, not A9LH, so is it still okay for me to update to 11.3? And should I make an EmuNAND.bin backup through EmuNAND9 before updating?
It's always a good idea to make a backup regularly and before you update. Just in case something happens.

I think it's safe, BUT you have to be ABSOLUTELY sure you're on EmuNAND. Currently there is no way to come back even with a backup on 11.3 unless you have a hardmod (unless people figured out how to use DSihax thing to make it restore).

My suggestion would be to follow the Guide for safety and don't use Gateway!

Last edited by pixelmasher,

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question, I usually stick to stable builds, but since it's been a while, is there any reason to go from 6.6 to the newest hourly? Any/many new features, or for compatibility with 11.3?
Oh, and I have SDless A9LH installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I usually stick to stable builds, but since it's been a while, is there any reason to go from 6.6 to the newest hourly? Any/many new features, or for compatibility with 11.3?
Oh, and I have SDless A9LH installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't found a reason or need to update as well. I'm on stable 6.6 and on firmware 11.3 with no problem.

Reactions: ManuelKoegler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)