Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have luma3DS and recently update my a9lh (which was the aurorawright one but a old version) to the one to be installed with safea9lhinstaller
but now no of my DS games or DSiware are booting? what I do? it shutdown if I try

I've tested te miniCFW to FIRM version but already update to aurorawright one, maybe is because of that?

[EDIT]:Install TWL_FIRM-4.0 from that ISO site, resolved

Last edited by Argentlan,

DrHerbertWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have Luma 5.5 + menuhax, and looking to upgrade to the newest version. I'm not interested in using one of those updater programs.

I can upgrade Luma just by swapping files on my SD card with my PC right? If so, which files to I swap? Thanks in advance.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need both makerom and the custom version of libctr that does not come with the default devkitpro package
not a custom version of libctr, but the latest commits. I'm on CTR MAKEROM v0.15 built on March 26 and have no such issues.

@Gray_Jack to make sure your ctrulib is up to date, do a "git clone --recursive https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib"

then cd into /ctrulib/libctru

then "make install"

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
not a custom version of libctr, but the latest commits. I'm on CTR MAKEROM v0.15 built on March 26 and have no such issues.

@Gray_Jack to make sure your ctrulib is up to date, do a "git clone --recursive https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib"

then cd into /ctrulib/libctru

then "make install"

Yeah, I'm sure
I'm having a seg fault error, it's not the libraries or the programs, it's my OS problem...

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read you cannot play smash bros with bootmanager installed?

"
If you're using a boot manager (BootCtr9, CtrBootManager9, ARM9Select, etc.) to load Luma3DS, you won't be able to play GBA/DSiWare games, or certain games that need more RAM on the device (such as Super Smash Bros).

• You can disable your boot loader OR
  • Change Luma3DS's path (refer to the Options and usage page)."
How come I can play it just fine?

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read you cannot play smash bros with bootmanager installed?

"
If you're using a boot manager (BootCtr9, CtrBootManager9, ARM9Select, etc.) to load Luma3DS, you won't be able to play GBA/DSiWare games, or certain games that need more RAM on the device (such as Super Smash Bros).

• You can disable your boot loader OR
  • Change Luma3DS's path (refer to the Options and usage page)."
How come I can play it just fine?
new or old 3ds? if its new, thats normal, since it doesnt have to reboot

Reactions: naddel81

MagicC4ke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I updated my CFW from RxTools to Luma3DS a while ago and kept my Emunand/Converted or whatever and wanted to update my firmware to the latest for Mario Maker 3DS online.

Buuut when I go into Settings it says Sys 9.9.0-26E and I'm not sure if I should update or not.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me, too. That is lumas default unfortunately. Boot into luma settings (holding select??? At boot) and select "emu" addition as suffix for emunand and "sys " for sysnand to be on the safe side.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Lyuksus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One question , if I play a different region game online (example I'm in Europe , and play an American game online ) does that work , or if I'll do it will I get banned?

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
One question , if I play a different region game online (example I'm in Europe , and play an American game online ) does that work , or if I'll do it will I get banned?

It works as long as you're not using the same header as someone else when using a .3dz file from that iso site. While this hasn't actually been confirmed by anyone, people still change their game headers just in case.

Reactions: Lyuksus

Lyuksus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It works as long as you're not using the same header as someone else when using a .3dz file from that iso site. While this hasn't actually been confirmed by anyone, people still change their game headers just in case.
Whats a game header?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically it's how Nintendo can tell a game cartridge from another as far as I know.

Right so I don't know how Nintendo checks those.

they don't/can't. they check if you play a game a week early and ban you. as simple as that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So does this mean i can just play online american games , without a worry?
as .cia certainly. as .3ds on a flash cart... I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones