Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive just seen gbatemp mods be sticklers with Citra when builds get posted without the source code in the zip itself.
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

section 6. and also 4 and 5. specifically:

6 d) Convey the object code by offering access from a designated place (gratis or for a charge), and offer equivalent access to the Corresponding Source in the same way through the same place at no further charge. You need not require recipients to copy the Corresponding Source along with the object code. If the place to copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party) that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the Corresponding Source. Regardless of what server hosts the Corresponding Source, you remain obligated to ensure that it is available for as long as needed to satisfy these requirements.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I responded to original question and didn't post link because of what I've seen in Citra thread. If you guys wanna post them that's fine with me lol I really don't care. I don't know how my original response was off topic...
well that might be some kind of misunderstanding, or mods trying to do good but being too overzealous. software licenses are often overly complex and need decent lawyers to understand. and with the nature of this forum and whats discusses here, its better to be too strict than not strict enough.

Kitlith

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kitl.pw
XP
Country
United States
ive just seen gbatemp mods be sticklers with Citra when builds get posted without the source code in the zip itself.
well that might be some kind of misunderstanding, or mods trying to do good but being too overzealous. software licenses are often overly complex and need decent lawyers to understand. and with the nature of this forum and whats discusses here, its better to be too strict than not strict enough.
I *think* that might be because of citra's problem with unofficial, modified builds that have no source attached to them. Who knows if they've put malware, and you can't just recompile from source code because they didn't attach it, so you can't really tell what they've modified, either.

However, in the case of nightly builds, here, you can just point to the exact commit that it was built from to give the exact source code that it was built from. I think that's the difference, at least.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
These are zips built from sources you can't get anywhere, that's our issue with them. Enough off-topic now :P

Reactions: Kitlith

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Naifas

Latias4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you are safe to update, but by latest commit I mean building from AW latest code updates where she fixed the nightly version. I found a build just now by googling "luma3ds nightly 5d86828" where someone hosted nightly builds of luma. Can't post it here tho because it breaks the GPL license.

Her latest updates where because "anti anti downgrading" was not being patched correctly, but stable build silently booted without error, seems this error checking was added post 6.3.1

Right, right, I meant I had the latest release, sorry about that. It's nice to see that the nightly version was fixed, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay