astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So, sorry for bothering but...

I followed Plailect's guide, and everything is working alright... Excepting the fact I can't load EmuNAND9 when pressing Y on boot. Loading Decrypt 9 pressing Start on boot works alright, but Emunand9 doesn't.

As I followed Plailect's guide, I have a 2DS in 10.7 SysNAND (haven't updated), and I already checked I had the latest EmuNAND9 release and that the BIN file was alright inside the payloads folder inside luma folder.

Has someone the same issue?
Update your emunand9 payload, probably.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only updated the BIN file to the one from the latest release from the github linked in the official GBATemp's EmuNAND9 post.

Is that the payload? Or am I missing a file?
That looks like your trying to use emuannd9gui not emunand9 if you are using emuannd9gui you have to also put the E9 folder folder that's in the zip on the root if not re download this file and try

https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

Red771

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
When I launch activity log, it gets stuck on the loading screen. Same happens for friend list. Is it a known issue? What can I do? I'm on updated sysnand 10.7(USA) with A9LH and Luma3DS 5.4

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have any payloads files and Luma3ds.bin can some one help?

It's not called "Luma3DS.bin" in the archive. It's name is "arm9loaderhax.bin" initially. You have to copy it to the patcher folder and rename it to "Luma3DS.bin" or whatever you want to call it. Then you have to drag it to the executable and type the "[path]/[name]" you want to use on your card (assuming you're using Windows of course, and drag and drop to an executable doesn't work in TC, so, you'll need to type "." and hit enter to open ugly Windows Explorer). Then you just copy it over, and edit your boot manager's configuration file to point to it (if it uses one). Now, if you want to switch to booting Luma straight, and using it's chain loader, you just overwrite your existing "arm9loaderhax.bin" with the one Luma comes with.

Luma neither comes with nor needs payload files. That's just if you want to use it's boot manager. If you're using another boot manager, I would leave it empty. Having two chain loaders active could produce undesirable results. I suppose it's possible to deliberately not use certain keys in one, so you can map them in another, but that could get confusing fast.

Basically, "payloads" is where you would put your Decrypt9.bin (renamed to something like up_D9.bin), Godmode9.bin (renamed to something like down_G9.bin), Emunand9 (renamed to something like left_E9.bin), maybe have a copy of CBM9 for lesser used apps if you're running short on hotkeys (renamed to something like right_CBM9.bin). Of course, the examples are for those who like their tools on the d-pad. And again, only set this up if you're interested in switching to Luma's boot manager. The only manager it might coexist with peacefully is CBM9, because it doesn't use hotkeys by default. Though I don't guarantee you'll have time to hit a hotkey after making your selection. I've never tried it. I suggest making CBM9 your "everything else" page.

As a side note, for those interested, "a9lh.cfg" IS in plain text within the CBM9 "arm9loaderhax.bin" file, so, pseudo multi-page, or even pseudo sub-menus, using multiple copies, is possible. Just tried making pseudo "Apps" and "CFWs" sub-menus, complete with "Back To Main" options. Took 3 .cfg files and 3 copies of CBM9, but it works. Someone convert Retroarch to A9LH. I've got plenty of space for it now ;)

There are advantages to either. If you keep your exiting one, you can hotkey over "B" if you're not using multiple EmuNANDs for example. However, if you're using Luma, you can hotkey "A" and use it with "L+A", so you don't mess up the option to boot default NAND (sometimes you don't want to return to the same NAND when exiting System Settings after all, so you wouldn't want to hotkey "A" while using BootCTR9).

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Kyojin

Drukan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not called "Luma3DS.bin" in the archive. It's name is "arm9loaderhax.bin" initially. You have to copy it to the patcher folder and rename it to "Luma3DS.bin" or whatever you want to call it. Then you have to drag it to the executable and type the "[path]/[name]" you want to use on your card (assuming you're using Windows of course, and drag and drop to an executable doesn't work in TC, so, you'll need to type "." and hit enter to open ugly Windows Explorer). Then you just copy it over, and edit your boot manager's configuration file to point to it (if it uses one). Now, if you want to switch to booting Luma straight, and using it's chain loader, you just overwrite your existing "arm9loaderhax.bin" with the one Luma comes with.

Luma neither comes with nor needs payload files. That's just if you want to use it's boot manager. If you're using another boot manager, I would leave it empty. Having two chain loaders active could produce undesirable results. I suppose it's possible to deliberately not use certain keys in one, so you can map them in another, but that could get confusing fast.

Basically, "payloads" is where you would put your Decrypt9.bin (renamed to something like up_D9.bin), Godmode9.bin (renamed to something like down_G9.bin), Emunand9 (renamed to something like left_E9.bin), maybe have a copy of CBM9 for lesser used apps if you're running short on hotkeys (renamed to something like right_CBM9.bin). Of course, the examples are for those who like their tools on the d-pad. And again, only set this up if you're interested in switching to Luma's boot manager. The only manager it might coexist with peacefully is CBM9, because it doesn't use hotkeys by default. Though I don't guarantee you'll have time to hit a hotkey after making your selection. I've never tried it. I suggest making CBM9 your "everything else" page.

As a side note, for those interested, "a9lh.cfg" IS in plain text within the CBM9 "arm9loaderhax.bin" file, so, pseudo multi-page, or even pseudo sub-menus, using multiple copies, is possible. Just tried making pseudo "Apps" and "CFWs" sub-menus, complete with "Back To Main" options. Took 3 .cfg files and 3 copies of CBM9, but it works. Someone convert Retroarch to A9LH. I've got plenty of space for it now ;)

There are advantages to either. If you keep your exiting one, you can hotkey over "B" if you're not using multiple EmuNANDs for example. However, if you're using Luma, you can hotkey "A" and use it with "L+A", so you don't mess up the option to boot default NAND (sometimes you don't want to return to the same NAND when exiting System Settings after all, so you wouldn't want to hotkey "A" while using BootCTR9).
Thakns so much for all your explanation and help, but I'm really noob, I dont know why I cant make it work , I give up...

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel it has been 3 hours since a new commit showed up but your site has not made a new build yet. The site specifies 10 minute check, has that changed to a longer time?
Maybe it has something to do with the latest commit. Luma 3DS now prints the commit number in the system settings along with the version number, so maybe @astronautlevel is changing stuff on their end to reflect that? I'm sure we'll get a download sooner than later though!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel it has been 3 hours since a new commit showed up but your site has not made a new build yet. The site specifies 10 minute check, has that changed to a longer time?
inb4 the latest commit broke something in my detection methods (and it'll definitely break my upgrader)

It's not appearing on http://luma3ds.ericchu.net/ either.
To be expected, as that is based on my site. Give me a few minutes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And fixed. Sorry, I had made a goof when editing some stuff for my crontab to include dev builds a while ago.

unluckyone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Can anyone help me? I went throught the whole a9lh process and i am on system version 11.0 (a9lh, luma 5.4). I did not have a clear head when i stupidly did a system format under settings. All the payloads, luma 3ds are still working but all my CIA packages are missing (as expected). I tried to use the FBI that was injected into h&s and all i get is a black screen. I have tried restoring sysnand to sysnand-a9lh backup and system update and none of it works. How can i get back a working fbi so that i can install CIA? Any help is greatly appreciated.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The latest Decrypt9 lets you inject FBI into H&S on both the New and Old 3DS. Sounds like the way to go.

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time using Luma do I just replace my Reinand files with Lumas? Also does Luma Support coldboot?

unluckyone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Can't you just inject fbi again in H&S and try from there?
I finally solved it with the help of another redditor. Nope, injecting fbi didnt work. It only worked after i tried my luck and injected the original plain hs.app that I dumped from the system. Only then did the fbi worked again. But thank you for your advice. I am really just a newbie when it comes to these techincal stuff.

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally solved it with the help of another redditor. Nope, injecting fbi didnt work. It only worked after i tried my luck and injected the original plain hs.app that I dumped from the system. Only then did the fbi worked again. But thank you for your advice. I am really just a newbie when it comes to these techincal stuff.
Glad to hear you solved, Ill keep that in mind if ever happens to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all...