Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG, Love you <3

No problem, just let me know if you have any problems with it or need help with anything.

Mizuki is private develpopment now did you know that?
I dont thing it is a good idea to put that FW into your RAR files!

Xpadder is commercial now. That doesn't make distributing the old free version illegal. My copy is a public release from 4/4. Check it yourself. You're making a big deal of nothing. Besides, why would I know that? It's a minimal release. I was going to maybe see if there was an update next month. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
D

Deleted User

Hey guys,
I'm about to try this CFW, but the wiki is more or less lacking so I'm to post my question here:
1. What version(s) of firmware does it support? Which version is recommended?
2. What are the other requirements? Do I need Cubic Ninja like the other CFWs?
3. Is installing the CFW really that simple? Just drag and drop a few files and folders?
4. What is A9LH and should I use it?
I can answer 2 and 3 easily

2 - you need a 9.2 or an A9LHaxed 3DS to boot into Luma using MenuHax, Cubic Ninja, or OOTHax
3 - if using Luma with MenuHax, just copy the "3ds" folder, the "Luma3DS.dat" and the "luma" folder

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey guys,
I'm about to try this CFW, but the wiki is more or less lacking so I'm to post my question here:
1. What version(s) of firmware does it support? Which version is recommended?
2. What are the other requirements? Do I need Cubic Ninja like the other CFWs?
3. Is installing the CFW really that simple? Just drag and drop a few files and folders?
4. What is A9LH and should I use it?

My Answer
1. 9.0 to 11.0
2. 9.0-9.2 sysnand and some homebrew entry point (CN or browserhax is best. also for install A9LH.) I do not know about OTP Helper method.
3. very simple.
4. I recommend you to install A9LH for one of unbricking method. A9LH saved my 3DS many many times!

Konrankame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm having a hell of a time getting Luma to work. I don't think it's a Luma specific problem, so I apologize if this isn't the place to ask, but my end goal is to get Luma working, so I thought it would be fine.

I installed rxtools 2.6 like, a year ago or whenever it came out, I got emuNAND set up, I'm pretty sure I unlinked my NANDs. I remember updating my emuNAND when Dragon Quest VIII came out, so it should be at least 9.0.0. I'd like to switch to Luma, so I've used this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

First, I used the 9.2.0 update guide to update my sysNAND from 7.X to 9.2.0.

Then I followed every step in Part 1 except 3-5 since I didn't need to.

In Part 2, I followed step 2 (not even sure I needed to) and 20-27.

Part 3 is where I'm stuck. I've followed the first few steps, but I shouldn't have to follow the rest since I've already got emuNAND from when I installed rxtools months ago, after all. I'm pretty sure I unlinked the NANDs, but that was quite some time ago, so I tried double checking by creating a folder on my home menu and then booting into Luma. I can get into the Luma options menu just fine, but when I try to boot Luma itself I just get a black screen. I tried Rei, get as far as the anime girl logo, and then black screen again.

I looked at the troubleshooting and FAQs on Luma's github, but I never downgraded anything, so that second black screen question can't be relevant to me, and as I said, I think things should be up to date, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm using an old 3DS, by the way. Anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

Edit: Nevermind, I finally solved the problem by cloning my sysNAND to my emuNAND with EmuNAND9. I lost some data unfortunately, but that was to be expected. I didn't lose anything important anyway.

Last edited by Konrankame,
D

Deleted User

So today i decided to install luma on my new 3ds. But i have one question. How?
I have n3ds with version 9.9 do i need to downgrade first and then drop the luma files into sd card or if i can access to homebrew channel luma will preform downgrade automatically. The guide doesn't say what are the requirements. I never installed cfw or gateway files on the n3ds before. I used sky. I know peoples now start saying: "for the hundred time read the instructions",search in the forum", "blablabla.... " but you need to understand that it will not help because there will be always peoples like me that gonna ask the same questions so if you dont want to help just ignore. Thanks.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So today i decided to install luma on my new 3ds. But i have one question. How?
I have n3ds with version 9.9 do i need to downgrade first and then drop the luma files into sd card or if i can access to homebrew channel luma will preform downgrade automatically. The guide doesn't say what are the requirements. I never installed cfw or gateway files on the n3ds before. I used sky. I know peoples now start saying: "for the hundred time read the instructions",search in the forum", "blablabla.... " but you need to understand that it will not help because there will be always peoples like me that gonna ask the same questions so if you dont want to help just ignore. Thanks.
What guide?
Also if you are going to be a boon who can't search post in the damn noob thread

UranusDarkness

I hate this world
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How can I compile Luma3DS?
kpmcGVX.png

if I need armips, how can I install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I don't drink much when i goto bar, cause I driving, or if/when I do, ill take a uber/cab home. But I'm working on it now tho I'm home, beer n whiskey shots today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's afraid he might wake up next to ancientboi the next day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a "Scared Straight" moment that would be.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.