Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately OTPHelper gives so many false positives that led me to redo my 2.1 downgrade on my n3ds a bunch of times before I analyzed it with GodMode9 and found everything was fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

default needs to be lowercase iirc.

That doesn't fix it. I don't know why it isn't working.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've followed these steps but my Decrypt9 doesn't work at boot. My N3DSXL hangs on a black screen. Two screenshots are attached, one of my Aurei folder and one of what my SD card looks like. Can anyone help to figure out why Decrypt9 isn't working on my N3DS?View attachment 43077 View attachment 43078
What version of a9lh are you using? To use aurei boot manager don't you have to use her fork?

EdSe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes. I changed its name to default.bin. It's the only file located in my payloads folder.

That's odd, mine works like a charm! Also, try putting AuRei in small caps (aurei) like the Aurora said in GitHub. I also like nice looking names of folders, but maybe that's the problem?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. It works fine with most branches (I use fix94's branch.)
Damn well that weird unless he's tried renaming his aurei folder to rei just in case he's using an older version of aureinand but then I don't think his cfw would boot at all. This is puzzling

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately OTPHelper gives so many false positives that led me to redo my 2.1 downgrade on my n3ds a bunch of times before I analyzed it with GodMode9 and found everything was fine.
d0k3 is currently fixing that. One of his builds also told me that my downgrade was broken, his latest one told me that the downgrade was complete.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Supster131

A lot of things in this new release for emunand users, what about those of us using sysnand only, will the changes affect us ?

P.S. it was only yesterday you made me that custom build and now a new release lol :P

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@Supster131

A lot of things in this new release for emunand users, what about those of us using sysnand only, will the changes affect us ?

P.S. it was only yesterday you made me that custom build and now a new release lol :P
Not in 3.11, except for decrypt9 loading patches are improved. If it's already working for you don't worry about updating.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Supster131

Oh, so that custom build works?! :P
Anyways, I don't think there's anything new for sysNAND users, so I'll update your custom build once it seems worthwhile... Also riot!

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, so that custom build works?! :P
Anyways, I don't think there's anything new for sysNAND users, so I'll update your custom build once it seems worthwhile... Also riot!

lol, thanks as always Supster buddy, I didn't get around to testing the custom build tbvh, then 3.11 dropped and i was like noooooooo :D

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn well that weird unless he's tried renaming his aurei folder to rei just in case he's using an older version of aureinand but then I don't think his cfw would boot at all. This is puzzling

I'm following the guide located here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNAND)

After downloading the latest release for Aureinand, I changed my folder name from "rei" to "aurei", copied over the contents of my "rei" folder to the "arei" folder, replaced Aureinand.dat and arm9loaderhax.bin with the new files from the new version, and replaced my original default.bin file with the new Decrypt9.bin file, changing its name to default.bin and placing it inside my payloads folder. Oh, I also lower-cased all of my folders too, just to make sure that wasn't the problem. After all of that, Decrypt9 doesn't boot when pressing L+R. I don't know. Maybe it'll start magically working on a later version.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm following the guide located here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNAND)

After downloading the latest release for Aureinand, I changed my folder name from "rei" to "aurei", copied over the contents of my "rei" folder to the "arei" folder, replaced Aureinand.dat and arm9loaderhax.bin with the new files from the new version, and replaced my original default.bin file with the new Decrypt9.bin file, changing its name to default.bin and placing it inside my payloads folder. Oh, I also lower-cased all of my folders too, just to make sure that wasn't the problem. After all of that, Decrypt9 doesn't boot when pressing L+R. I don't know. Maybe it'll start magically working on a later version.
The only thing I can suggest is to use an older version of decrypt 9 and see if that works, to me it seems like decrypt9 is the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay