Status
Not open for further replies.

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the new version 4.01 but my 3ds boot with a black screen now. What did I do wrong?
Thanks
I got a black screen with 3.1.4 I could go into config but not load sysnand. Weirdly hitting my ds worked. No joke. I got sick of rebooting so I hit it and it worked. Lol

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a black screen with 3.1.4 I could go into config but not load sysnand. Weirdly hitting my ds worked. No joke. I got sick of rebooting so I hit it and it worked. Lol

LOL. Old arcade machines and consoles hitting to recover from a tilt.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Since nobody responded, I am going to update SysNAND from 9.2 to 10.7 using AuReiNAND 4.0.1 set to updated SysNAND, A9LH detection, and use pre-patched firms checked. A9LH is the one installed via SafeA9LHInstaller 1.5.2.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Since nobody responded, I am going to update SysNAND from 9.2 to 10.7 using AuReiNAND 4.0.1 set to updated SysNAND, A9LH detection, and use pre-patched firms checked. A9LH is the one installed via SafeA9LHInstaller 1.5.2.
If you're booting SysNAND with AuiReiNAND via a9lh, you will be fine to update. Don't worry!

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody remove the region free home menu patch yet now that it is no longer required? Anyone know what title we have to delete? Or is everyone just leaving it in for now?

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I know. I just died a little inside when it booted after I hit it

That won't help me :P
I don't understand what's the problem. I have never had a problem updating from builds.
But now it always welcomes me with a blank screen.

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody remove the region free home menu patch yet now that it is no longer required? Anyone know what title we have to delete? Or is everyone just leaving it in for now?
I just found the title id and version on yls mtheall site then download with 3dnus then install

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't understand what's the problem. I have never had a problem updating from builds.
Does it show the config when holding select

Reactions: democracy
D

Deleted User

It differs I believe on a few, but for the US it's 0004003000008F02

Just install the original CIA from NUS for your console.

Reactions: democracy

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www112.zippyshare.com/v/TxCdeJjx/file.html new build to test. I cleaned some more the patcher code in the loader, and I removed the secureinfo_a loading from SD (since loading from SD seems to be evil, and you can copy the file to /sys/SecureInfo_C in NAND with GodMode9 manually easily yourself.
See if it's any faster (again, no placebo testing).

Can you please tell me why I get black screen when using the newest build?

D

Deleted User

http://www112.zippyshare.com/v/TxCdeJjx/file.html new build to test. I cleaned some more the patcher code in the loader, and I removed the secureinfo_a loading from SD (since loading from SD seems to be evil, and you can copy the file to /sys/SecureInfo_C in NAND with GodMode9 manually easily yourself.
See if it's any faster (again, no placebo testing).

Not really any faster. (This being a N3DS).

8.2 - 8.4 on average. (Wasn't using SDInfo or anything)

D

Deleted User

OK, I suppose there's nothing left to be done then...

I'm not even sure what there was to be done ;)
I could see maybe a few seconds being an issue (happened to me once with a lot of sloppy coding and casting) but I'm pretty sure no one is coming to ask for that 0.5s of their lives back. You do great work, and all of us appreciate it. 4.01 as is works great.

Do the users who have boot time issues have some sort of Boot animation or splash?

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

try re-dling the 7z from the git and re-copying... for some reason, my 2 n3ds worked fine but my o3ds was black screen.

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On 3.14 i've set no option in config menu and i go into SysNAND+'9.0 FIRM' by holding L on boot.

Now i've tried tried 4.01 with "Updated sysNAND mode" and "Use 9.0 FIRM as default" set in config menu to get into SysNAND+'9.0 FIRM' just like in 3.14 but without the need to hold L on boot.
But all i get is a blackscreen !???

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On 3.14 i've set no option in config menu and i go into SysNAND+'9.0 FIRM' by holding L on boot.

Now i've tried tried 4.01 with "Updated sysNAND mode" and "Use 9.0 FIRM as default" set in config menu to get into SysNAND+'9.0 FIRM' just like in 3.14 but without the need to hold L on boot.
But all i get is a blackscreen !???
Eh... if you have a 9.0 sysNAND you don't have an updated sysNAND, right? :P
Right now it tries to load the emuNAND with 9.0...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.