punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
So, even though I'm without my 3DSes, @Apache Thunder suggested a cool idea, adding support for a bottom screen splash image. Must have a resolution of 320x240 and be placed as "splashbottom.bin" in the rei folder.
It was really easy to add and makes cool things possible (this is something he did for testing) :D:
2q2pcm1.png
Other than that, I made it skip the splash if boot options are being forced on soft reboot :)
https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases
How do you convert things to BIN again? I forget.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to run decryp9 the last decrypt9 with L+R but it doesn't work in the v3.8 it kick me to the emunand 9.2 now with v3.8.1 it just show me a freeze black screen i don't know what i'm doing wrong i rename the decrypt9 to arm9payload.bin how all say's and nothing.
Do you have the screen init version of A9LH? If not, use Aurora's version of D9.

So I downloaded the 3.8.1 and used https://xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html to make a bottom splash but only the top splash comes up? I'm guessing that using bootctr9 doesn't let you see the bottom splash? (Since I assume that's the text on the bottom)
Most likely, give it a try without bootctr9.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the screen init version of A9LH? If not, use Aurora's version of D9.

Most likely, give it a try without bootctr9.
Just to confirm what I'd do to remove bootctr9
1. obviously delete the files
2. remove the ARN.bin (Renamed haxloader from aurei's folder)
3. Place the arm9loaderhax.bin from AuRei in the root of sd (instead of renaming and putting them in A9hl folder)
4. Install Decrypt9Ui or whatever onto Sd? and hold L+R for that, just R for sysnand and autoboot into emunand?
That's it right? nothing like special needs to be done or anything?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, just installed aureinand tonight on a9lh 10.6 sysnand. everything works great!

a couple of questions:

- Is there any way to know whether aureinand is running? For example if I were to update my system through settings when a new firmware comes out, how do I make absolutely sure aureinand is protecting me from having the update remove a9lh?

- Any word on region free game cart support like rxtools?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, just installed aureinand tonight on a9lh 10.6 sysnand. everything works great!

a couple of questions:

- Is there any way to know whether aureinand is running? For example if I were to update my system through settings when a new firmware comes out, how do I make absolutely sure aureinand is protecting me from having the update remove a9lh?

- Any word on region free game cart support like rxtools?
You'll always be on AuReiNAND if you're on A9LH, so there's nothing to worry about.

Just use HBL.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get this working for the life of me. I have a 320 x 240 jpg converted to bin and I get no image.
Same I removed Ctr9 as well, I can Hold R To boot into sysnand, Hold L+R To boot Decrypt9UI (also moved the scripts/D9UI folders to the root of my sd, So I assume they work) But yeah I get no bottom boot screen, just the top one.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it, I don't now. It's just plain AuReiNand. I have your exact setup, except I'm using updatedsysnand.
It's not like a huge thing at least. Also How does the UpdatedSysnand work? I thought you had to still have a 9.x emunand in order to use decrypt 9 right? so you'd still need to have that 1gb-2gb emunand partition or whatever? or did that change and you can genuinely just use sysnand/remove emunand all together while using the newest D9?

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys can you tell me why if i use a different SD, from the one i used to install a9lh, with all the right files, i can't boot into gateway launcher to make an emunand into the new sd? Can be due to the flag?

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not like a huge thing at least. Also How does the UpdatedSysnand work? I thought you had to still have a 9.x emunand in order to use decrypt 9 right? so you'd still need to have that 1gb-2gb emunand partition or whatever? or did that change and you can genuinely just use sysnand/remove emunand all together while using the newest D9?

Pretty sure you dont need the 9.2 emuNAND at all now.
D9 can be launched directly from boot through a9lh.

Though I personally keep emuNAND as a precaution anyways

Last edited by Expliciate,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you dont need the 9.2 emuNAND at all now.
D9 can be booted directly from coldboot through the a9lh.

Though I personally keep emuNAND as a precaution anyways
WRONG SIR! No, uh. Only clean emuNAND/sysNAND restoring. Arm11 can't load keys as they're not loaded. So you can't decrypt either NAND to inject/pull partitions, etc.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep emuNAND, I have a 64gb sdcard. So space doesn't bother me xD All updatedsysnand does it swap the L + R being sysNAND combos and makes them emuNAND.
Oh I was thinking it'd mean you could remove emunand providing there was some way to launch Decrypt9 still. I guess I'll stick with Emunand then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: umm, That was fun to watch :)