Luma locale switcher problem

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by legoinventeor, Jul 9, 2018.

1. legoinventeor
    OP

legoinventeor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    Hello.
    I tried using luma locale switcher to change the language on my japanese games, but nothing I do seems to work. When I try to change reigon and language, the program it says that the reigon and language has been set and it even shows it in the menu. But when I enter the game it still shows text in japanese. I have enabled game pachin in the luma configurations screen so i'm not sure what I did wrong...
    Also I think that luma locale switcher broke my animal crossing game. Now when I try to boot it up, it just gives me an error.
    I did change the reigon of my console with ctrtranfer. Could it be that? 20180709_155316.jpg 20180709_155236.jpg

Last edited by legoinventeor, Jul 11, 2018
  2. txdaniel55

txdaniel55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    United States
    I had this same issue once I updated Luma! Have you tried to go into the path settings on Luma Locale Switcher and changing the path to the second one down labeled "/luma/titles/%s/locale.txt" and then try to change the locale again? That's what solved my issue so hopefully it solves your's as well.

3. legoinventeor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    Nope, gonna try it out now!

4. legoinventeor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    Ok, so i tried changing the path but it still doesn't work. On rythm paradise it gives me a black screen. If i put it back to default it works again. It seems that it did do something, but it doesn' work. :mellow:

5. txdaniel55

txdaniel55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    United States
    Have you tried any other games beside Rythem Heaven, honestly I’ve only used it on Pokemon.

6. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    First of all, are you sure you are using games that even have English support (eg: Pokemon) and aren't just in Japanese (like most Japanese games are? Because if it doesn't have other languages built into it it's never gonna work and change the language, you just have to get a fan-translation patch for whatever game you want, Rhythm Paradise included, especially since it's a cartridge dump. That game is only in Japanese, not multi-language, so you have to find the English patch for it. Region changing is mainly to make otherwise unplayable games playable and to change the language of multi-language games (although you can also do it through save editing for some like Pokemon and faster too).

Hexe921 likes this.
  7. legoinventeor
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    Alright, thanks!