Luma 3DS and Pokemon Picross

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am trying to install Luma 3DS CFW on my 11.15.47J 2DS LL.

I keep getting an error when I start Pokemon Picross in order to go to safeinstaller which tells me to power off my 2DS. I tried erasing my Pokemon Picross save data, but it will not erase either. What do I do? Also, earlier in the tutorial, I created the bootstrap9 folder as instructed, and when I opened the new folder, there were a lot of otber folders titled with just computer code. I did not put these folders named with code in my bootstrap9 folder. I've been following tutorials to the letter.

Anyway, I have included a picture of the error I get when opening Pokemon Picross. It's in Japanese, but basically it's telling me to shutdown and try again. For those who may not know, I was told that this exploit works with all regions.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I will appreciate the help! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 20211210_094310.jpg
    20211210_094310.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 157
Last edited by neko_koneko,

Vahe61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Are you using the instruction from 3ds hacks guide? This is the official 3ds hacking instruction and always is up to date. If you are using video tutorial it's less successful. Mine is New 2ds LL too (japan version) and everything worked perfect from that site.

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the instruction from 3ds hacks guide? This is the official 3ds hacking instruction and always is up to date. If you are using video tutorial it's less successful. Mine is New 2ds LL too (japan version) and everything worked perfect from that site.

Yes. That's what I am using. Pokemon Picross just continues to not boot into safeinstaller. I thought about starting over, but I don't want to mess things up further like with my Nintendo 3DS folder for example.

Vahe61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Ok got it. Do you have your individual movable.sed file? And have you tried boot the game with wifi off?

Vahe61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
hmm...feels like corrupted save file. Put your sd to your PC using card reader or so. Go to my computer right clock on sd card> properties find and run check disk (don't worry it's safe, it will not mess things up). Then delete pokemon save file from sd card. Then copy it again. And when finished right click on sd card choose eject and wait 15 seconds (yes this is important to wait after ejecting) now try the pokemon

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...feels like corrupted save file. Put your sd to your PC using card reader or so. Go to my computer right clock on sd card> properties find and run check disk (don't worry it's safe, it will not mess things up). Then delete pokemon save file from sd card. Then copy it again. And when finished right click on sd card choose eject and wait 15 seconds (yes this is important to wait after ejecting) now try the pokemon

Okay. I put my SD card into my PC and all of the files I was using to install Luma aren't there in the root of the SD card anymore. Hmm. Also, I right clicked on the SD card, opened properties, and the option to check the disc was under "tools" tab on my PC. I ran that, and everything is free of errors.

Vahe61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Okay. I put my SD card into my PC and all of the files I was using to install Luma aren't there in the root of the SD card anymore. Hmm. Also, I right clicked on the SD card, opened properties, and the option to check the disc was under "tools" tab on my PC. I ran that, and everything is free of errors.
Now copy the missing files to your SD, then right click > eject wait 15 seconds and unplug SD. The check disk error is not only the case. Commonly files are not copied properly when SD card ejected incorrectly.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
was that done with the card formatted FAT32 32kb clusters and was fully empty before test?

I would also recommend using GUIFormat for the format tool and running https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html for the testing program of the card itself.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

pabloshinobi

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Good day everyone! I just got a 2DS XL from Korea but noticed the Korean eshop doesn't have the Picross game. Does this method not work for Korea or is there another method? Thanks!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good day everyone! I just got a 2DS XL from Korea but noticed the Korean eshop doesn't have the Picross game. Does this method not work for Korea or is there another method? Thanks!
Are you reading https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer ? It does state:

This route requires the Pokémon Picross application (free on eShop), and thus requires eShop access and a 3DS with a region of USA, EUR, or JPN.

So no. you need another route.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(usm)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-