Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
909 files which is over 2 MB in size that is going to be translated with Google Translate but no clue to get the text file back into tmx_event...
This is gonna be great...
Waiting for the repacker. And at least it's an understandable translation.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
psycoblaster said:
909 files which is over 2 MB in size that is going to be translated with Google Translate but no clue to get the text file back into tmx_event...
This is gonna be great...
Waiting for the repacker. And at least it's an understandable translation.
Yeah, even if it is understandable, it is 2MB we are talking about. That's more than 500 pages of text.
Some where in that few hundred pages, I'm pretty sure the translation will screw up... Especially because to play this game, I believe the text needs to be at least 90% correct.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Well, in the end, this is MY project and no one has to use it.
What I'm trying to say is that there are many translators out there that might be willing to translated all the text in this game.
If there are translators that are actually willing to help you, then I think the result will be better even for you (I guess)
If you are editing google translated text so it becomes readable, that's still work you are doing.
Instead of doing all that work, I guess editing the script with real translations will be something better. (For all that work, you know.)
Well anyways good luck
tongue.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Hey how did you get the text file from the game xD i want to translate a random game with google translate FTL
You've gotta find what encoding for the text the ROM uses, then write a dumper (And repacker.)

psycoblaster said:
QUOTE(luke_c @ Dec 29 2009, 09:21 PM) Well, in the end, this is MY project and no one has to use it.
What I'm trying to say is that there are many translators out there that might be willing to translated all the text in this game.
If there are translators that are actually willing to help you, then I think the result will be better even for you (I guess)
If you are editing google translated text so it becomes readable, that's still work you are doing.
Instead of doing all that work, I guess editing the script with real translations will be something better. (For all that work, you know.)
Well anyways good luck
tongue.gif
Yeah well I did say I was looking for Translators but no one seemed to fill me up on that offer.

gidras05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find a way of repacking it up, I'll definitely help on the translations. Doesn't seem too hard, and the TLwiki has a text dump already. PM me if you ever find a way of repacking things, and I'll jump on the translation bandwagon. ^_-

I'm eager for an english translation. Although I'm able to read/write/speak japanese, I do so much slower than English, and it'd be nice to just breeze through text for a change, instead of having to really think about what I'm reading and translate it in my head.

Good luck my friend, I'm sure there are many supporters, they just don't post.

sedicius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys tried Excite! translator?

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

Copy & Paste Japanese on the left side,
select the 2nd option on the drop-down looking thing (I don't know what it's called),
click the button below it to translate.

Translation is much better than the Google dictionary.

Note: It's much better to copy & paste sentence by sentence and take out any sound effects (like fufufu) and slangs.

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
BUMP!!!

How come you guys forgot about the best Dating sim in NDS?! PLease....for the girls sake released a translation patch for this beautiful game.

Forget Tokimeki, forget pokemon, forget random rpg, this is the game you should be working on.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^Seriously now... don't bump old topics, as there is no reason to. The translation for this game is already being worked on. Just look at the website in the second post of this topic.

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm bumpin coz no one offers to help with the translation, it is stuck for months now.

pokemon GS got its full patch weeks after the release, more than one patch! There's like 5 team workin with pokemon.

I'm just asking for the hacking and translation pro's, to help doing this Love Plus project, cuz this game is phenomenon.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to do the same thing myself, but base it of the other translation and translate the stuff they were planing to do later. < but I'm too lazy.

Best of luck
smile.gif

Edit: just realized this was bumped, I thought this was about love plus+ my mistake

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
greator said:
I'm bumpin coz no one offers to help with the translation, it is stuck for months now.

pokemon GS got its full patch weeks after the release, more than one patch! There's like 5 team workin with pokemon.

I'm just asking for the hacking and translation pro's, to help doing this Love Plus project, cuz this game is phenomenon.

Basically, you are just making a request instead of contributing in anyway. Like I said, the current translation is still ongoing, even though it's rather slow. Bumping this topic just to make a request is not useful in any way. If you want to make a request, then you do that in the right topic. But since someone already did, all you can do is wait.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
greator said:
BUMP!!!

How come you guys forgot about the best Dating sim in NDS?! PLease....for the girls sake released a translation patch for this beautiful game.

Forget Tokimeki, forget pokemon, forget random rpg, this is the game you should be working on.

Don't tell people what to do.
No one's going to help with something if they are already busy with their own translation.
If you want it so badly, go learn Japanese or learn romhacking, then come back with results!
Until then, sit there and wait.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjewel is already translating this and she's doing a great job. if your so adamant about translating, see if you can join up with her.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
jjewel is already translating this and she's doing a great job. if your so adamant about translating, see if you can join up with her.

No, it's different game. I'm translating Tokimeki Momorial 1st Love Plus. This game is Love Plus. (The one I'm translating is dating SIM for girls when you chase after guys. This Love Plus in this thread is dating SIM for guys, when you chase after girls. Pretty similar but totally different target group.
biggrin.gif
)

Anyway, I was helping with the other group for Love Plus (The TLWiki one.) for a while and that was what motivated me to learn how to hack rom so I could translate Tokimeki game.
tongue.gif
(Girls in Love Plus are cute and I really love the game, but, I'm still a girl anyway and it's more fun to me to go after guys.
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr