Hardware lots of people really turn off the 3D?

Sebastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's said that many people want to turn off the 3D most of the time, because people say they get a headache when using it for a prolonged period of time, and none of the games out right now really benefit from using 3d, Is this true with you guys?

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I turn it off sometimes, but not because I have headaches. I heard that 3D halves the framerate off the game (could be a lie. read it somewhere) from 60 to 30. So when I play online games like street fighter, I usually turn the 3D off. But in the normal game, I leave 3D on the experience the new experience...

D

Deleted-236924

I don't even have a 3DS and I already know I will be keeping the 3D off all the time.
Maybe except when I first get it, just to see what it looks like.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
I turn it off sometimes, but not because I have headaches. I heard that 3D halves the framerate off the game (could be a lie. read it somewhere) from 60 to 30. So when I play online games like street fighter, I usually turn the 3D off. But in the normal game, I leave 3D on the experience the new experience...
For some games turning the 3D off can help the framerate...if you flip the 3D switch then it doesn't go up. For Street Fighter you have to go into its settings, and turn the 3D off there. Then it will be a higher framerate. So you have basically been not noticing a real difference, except for in your head.
tongue.gif

I sometimes turn it off if I'm not wearing glasses, in the car, on my side in my bed, or playing AR games.. I almost always have it on though. It's a 3DS.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
There are a few reasons to shut off the 3D:

- Longer battery life
- Side effects from the 3D
- 3D uniqueness for certain games wears off
- etc.

There isn't really a reason to have the 3D on a lot at this point unless you really like it.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I don't get headaches or anything, but I don't see the point in it for most games.
I usually have it off until a cool-looking cutscene or something comes on.

It's not the main selling-point in my opinion.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DJ91990 said:
I don't know what all those other people are taking about. I payed $300.00 for 3D, so I use the 3D features of a 3D enabled game!
You got more than 3D for your "$300".

Sebastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
There are a few reasons to shut off the 3D:

- Longer battery life
- Side effects from the 3D
- 3D uniqueness for certain games wears off
- etc.

There isn't really a reason to have the 3D on a lot at this point unless you really like it.
YES, 3D largely shorter the battery life...
mellow.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only turn off the 3D when I'm playing a DS game because it lengthens the battery life. Other than that I can play for hours at a time with 3D on max without it bothering me.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
hunter291 said:
For some games turning the 3D off can help the framerate...if you flip the 3D switch then it doesn't go up. For Street Fighter you have to go into its settings, and turn the 3D off there. Then it will be a higher framerate. So you have basically been not noticing a real difference, except for in your head.
tongue.gif

I sometimes turn it off if I'm not wearing glasses, in the car, on my side in my bed, or playing AR games.. I almost always have it on though. It's a 3DS.

not true, you still notice a difference. 3d on gives you more jaggies regardless of wether you turn off 3d completely in the menu (which i really don't see a difference). or it makes the jaggies more noticeable.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
I only turn off the 3D when I'm playing a DS game because it lengthens the battery life. Other than that I can play for hours at a time with 3D on max without it bothering me.
That's a joke, right? The 3D turns off automatically when you start a DS game, because it's a DS game, not a 3DS game. DS mode doesn't have true 3D...

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always leave my 3D on full, and only turn it down a bit when playing Ridge Racer. I find the 3D effects to be one of the most appealing aspects for me. Every now and again I'll turn the 3D off, and the games just look flat and boring. I don't sacrifice visual fidelity, so I turn the brightness and 3D all the way up, and live with the 2-3 hour battery life. I take the 3DS out for streetpass and playcoins, but I only play the games when I'm home, so it's fine with me.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
syko5150 said:
That's a joke, right? The 3D turns off automatically when you start a DS game, because it's a DS game, not a 3DS game. DS mode doesn't have true 3D...
i know that but having the slider up still drains the battery. someone had posted a link on here that proved that.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
Presto99 said:
syko5150 said:
i know that but having the slider up still drains the battery. someone had posted a link on here that proved that.
I seriously doubt that... But hey, if you have a link/reason, I guess it could be true.

It's like 50/50 when I have it on, and off. Never because of headaches though. I normally keep it off, if I'm talking to a friend in class or something, and have to look up and down because I lose the sweet spot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1