Hardware lots of people really turn off the 3D?

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played Samurai Warriors for 8 hours just fine with the 3D effect. Interesting find however, did you know that experiencing the 3D for prolong periods, assuming you don't get eyestrain, will instead make you more tired. I sat down for a full 24 hours trying to play my 3DS and took 2 naps. The next day I saw Thor in 3D after playing my 3DS for 6 hours and then had to nap.

I'm gonna try to find where I saw the original statement. Mind you, I'm one of those gamers that games for 20 hours straight with ease.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only 3DS game I have is Street Fighter IV, and I leave the 3D effect on while I play, unless I'm playing with one of the 360 characters (Abel, Zangief, T. Hawk, etc) - I tend to shake the 3DS a lot because I can never seem to get the moves off
tongue.gif

The whole FPS thing doesn't really matter - the game doesn't randomly drop in FPS, and it's not as if the FPS change happens in game- the game is locked into 30 FPS when 3D is enabled via the options, and 60 when 3D is disabled via the options. If you turn off the 3D via the slider, it remains at 30 fps. Plus, online mode is locked into 30 FPS, so I leave the 3D option enabled.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play with 3D on max an average of 2-3 hours a day with absolutely no problem in my 4 games (Pilotwings, SF, Monkey Ball, Star Wars). The 3D is why I wanted it after all, a simply more powerful DS I would have passed on or possibly gotten a few years later.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With Pilotwing as my only game,i turn 3d "very slightly on", i mean 1-2 mm on.

It looks 3d to me, anything higher and everything appears "double".

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3D aspect was really never a factor in me buying the system. I could care less about 3D in general actually.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
I normally have it about half way. It depends what game, while normally it's about half, some games are full, and some are no 3D at all. I haven't heard too many reports of headaches with the 3D effect, and I don't get them unless I play like 2 hours straight. Although 3D is a cool feature the 3D used with the 3DS is really a gimmick, and nothing more, like the wii's complete focus on motion sensors that payed off.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
flobo said:
With Pilotwing as my only game,i turn 3d "very slightly on", i mean 1-2 mm on.

It looks 3d to me, anything higher and everything appears "double".

same here

pilot wings doesn't need a strong 3D
i sometimes have it on full but when tired i dont

Tecmo 3D is the best at the moment
there games:
DOAD 3ds
Samurai Chronicles

i wack up to full blast and the games look awesome

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
3D on the 3DS is like at the Cinemas.
At the start you're like WOAH THIS IS AWESOME.
Then you get through the movie and notice it less.
Then you are like DAMN THESE GLASSES ARE ANNOYING.
But insteed of the glasses it will be the need of a "sweet spot" and get eyestrain

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always have it on at max. no problem with the 3d, and i dont suffer from eye strain at all. could play for hours on it. Besides it seems my sweet spot is more vast than my friends who play with it cause they have to keep it steady to get the 3d effect and i can move it and walk with it while playing it and I dont loose the sweet spot at all.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
But insteed of the glasses it will be the need of a "sweet spot" and get eyestrain
You suffer from eye strain? Ehh, pussy. I have been playing video games for so long that my eyes adapt to any brightness/extra visual feature instantly. Result? Perfect eyesight for any occasion, be it game-related or not.

In answer to the topic though, I keep 3D on as much as possible. I really enjoy the visuals it provides for any game. The only times I turn it off are when someone else wants to watch/play (and in the latter, they turn it off themselves) or when it's too bright and I get too much ghosting.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:

Pretty much this.

I have my good days sometimes where I can play it without any problems but most of the time I shut it off after 30 mins.

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snyder said:
yes, i always turn off 3D...because it effect my eyes and have a little headache

3D doesnt really give me a headache or eyestrain or anything like that, I just don't like the 3D effect in general (would rather see a movie in 2d than 3d)

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
ThriLL said:
The 3D aspect was really never a factor in me buying the system. I could care less about 3D in general actually.

I'm with you on this, I tend to whack it up to full for the first few minutes of a game, so I can go 'Ooh'.
Then I turn it off and go 'I'm saving loads of battery power!'

But I didn't really buy it for the 3d, I bought it for Ocarina!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.