Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all, I set up a second new 3DS with A9LH and system transferred from my old one (with Gateway) because I thought that would be easier than needing to worry about all the formats losing my stuff (plus my old one has a small scratch on the screen). When I transferred last time (from an old 3DS) it let me choose wireless data transfer, and all my stuff got transferred including saves (games appearing after visiting the eShop).

This time, however, I wasn't given that option. It told me when the transfer was complete to use the old microSD and I thought it would be sufficient to paste the contents of the old one's microSD onto the new one's. Obviously just using the old microSD won't work because of the A9LH stuff that's required for booting. I would have thought that pasting the A9LH stuff onto the old one's SD wouldn't be any different than pasting the files from the old mSD onto the new one but I'll try that next.

My stuff hasn't come back after visiting the eShop, and after redownloading some of my paid games, I noticed they don't have their saves (and the non-paid-for ones didn't appear in redownloadable software). I assume if I reinstall all the other games, their saves won't appear either. Does anyone know how I could get back all my stuff, or at least extract the saves to put on my new console? I haven't ever used SVDT/SaveDataFiler etc to extract and inject saves before but I assume I'd have to actually have a console boot with those games appearing? At the moment neither my old not my new one will show them.

If anyone has some ideas I'd be grateful. If there's something I needed to do during the A9LH install process or afterwards to make the system transfer process go better then it should be added to Plailect's guide.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since you started the 3ds without copying the data first, it has generated a new Id. You have to move and replace the files to the new id.

Sd0:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1> Your old files are stored here
Sd0:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id2> your 3ds is using this now.

Move everything from id1 to id2. It's the bigger folder in size where your games are stored. After that your games and saves should work again.

keep in mind that you can have multiple <id0> folders if you have an unlinked sysnand. So find out first which <id0> your Emunand Uses. Don't copy files from <id0> to a different <id0> Folder because of the different encryption the files won't be recognized.

If nothing works then you screwed up and the system transfer didn't work as expected. This happened to me while transferring N3Ds emunand to n3ds emunand. You'll see this when your 3ds is not using your old <id0> folder where your games are stored.

Last edited by GothicIII,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Since you started the 3ds without copying the data first, it has generated a new Id. You have to move and replace the files to the new id.

Sd0:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1> Your old files are stored here
Sd0:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id2> your 3ds is using this now.

Move everything from id1 to id2. It's the bigger folder in size where your games are stored. After that your games and saves should work again.

keep in mind that you can have multiple <id0> folders if you have an unlinked sysnand. So find out first which <id0> your Emunand Uses. Don't copy files from <id0> to a different <id0> Folder because of the different encryption the files won't be recognized.

If nothing works then you screwed up and the system transfer didn't work as expected. This happened to me while transferring N3Ds emunand to n3ds emunand. You'll see this when your 3ds is not using your old <id0> folder where your games are stored.
I'm not sure if that will work, since files in different folders under the Nintendo 3DS folder use different encryption keys.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I pasted some stuff back and forth and it started working :-) Have all my saves now, at least for my bought games! Will have to reinstall all the CIAs, they didn't appear like when I transferred from my O3DS. But that's OK, I am glad to have my saves.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use BBM and the cias will take only a second to install preserving the saves. When you system transfer the installed cias won't transfer but they won't be deleted either there is just missing an entry in ticket.db

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...