Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Life is tough,
I'm not an expert but this is what I can get from your post:
SM is screwed.
I think your only hope is some kind of autoboot dvd with a wad manager (you might need a GC controller too)

The experts might have a better solution
Good luck

Edit: do what XFlak said

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SM is prolly not screwed, older versions of priiloader required a patched system menu IOS in order to load the system menu. Newer versions work whether the system menu IOS is patched or not. Even in it's current state the OP could probably just change the IOS priiloader is using to a patched IOS (like 250) or something like that and be able to load the system menu.

I don't know why you think an autoboot dvd is the only option. The OP still might be able to access bootmii or the HBC. And even if he can't the OP can still install\load files via priiloader which can be used to run the hackmii installer or a wad manager or a number of things.

My goal is to get this wii to a functional state and be able to access the system menu, the HBC and\or bootmii, then recommend the OP re-softmod using ModMii (ie. to update priiloader and other outdated softmods).

Reactions: 1 person

Andriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, i put the files on the sd card, put them into the wii, I now see the bootmii menu, what do

Sorry I took so long, had to install my sd card reader into my pc haha

EDIT: Oh I can also get into HBC now

EDIT: From HBC I went to priiloader and it now says I have system menu v481

EDIT: I tried changing the return to option in priiloader to the system menu and tried going to the system menu from HBC, didnt work and i changed autoboot back to systemmenu and return to priiloader(default)

EDIT: Haha sorry i'm so noob guys xD I hacked my wii a loooong time ago(check my join date xD) and pretty much forgot almost everything

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
SM is prolly not screwed, older versions of priiloader required a patched system menu IOS in order to load the system menu. Newer versions work whether the system menu IOS is patched or not. Even in it's current state the OP could probably just change the IOS priiloader is using to a patched IOS (like 250) or something like that and be able to load the system menu.

I don't know why you think an autoboot dvd is the only option. The OP still might be able to access bootmii or the HBC. And even if he can't the OP can still install\load files via priiloader which can be used to run the hackmii installer or a wad manager or a number of things.

My goal is to get this wii to a functional state and be able to access the system menu, the HBC and\or bootmii, then recommend the OP re-softmod using ModMii (ie. to update priiloader and other outdated softmods).
I didn't read your post - it was like we posted at the same time :)
I thought v0 is a mess, thanks for the info

Edit: Ok Andriko since your HBC works now you can rehack your wii now using ModMii

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i put the files on the sd card, put them into the wii, I now see the bootmii menu, what do
Sorry I took so long, had to install my sd card reader into my pc haha

EDIT: Oh I can also get into HBC now
EDIT: From HBC I went to priiloader and it now says I have system menu v481
EDIT: I tried changing the return to option in priiloader to the system menu and tried going to the system menu from HBC, didnt work and i changed autoboot back to systemmenu and return to priiloader(default)
EDIT: Haha sorry i'm so noob guys xD I hacked my wii a loooong time ago(check my join date xD) and pretty much forgot almost everything
BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, PLEASE PERFORM A NAND BACKUP USING BOOTMII!! (sorry for the allcaps)

Reactions: 2 people

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use ModMii to rehack your Wii as if it were never hacked before. That means, download\install modmii, run the wizard, tell it your wii was never modded before, etc. When completing the first step of your guide, you can just launch the hackmii installer from the homebrew channel instead of using an exploit (this is noted in the guide). It will get you to update your HBC\bootmii installations, make a nand backup (very important), then continue with updating your softmods.

FYI, system menu v481 is 4.2U.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ModMii to rehack your Wii as if it were never hacked before. That means, download\install modmii, run the wizard, tell it your wii was never modded before, etc. When completing the first step of your guide, you can just launch the hackmii installer from the homebrew channel instead of using an exploit (this is noted in the guide). It will get you to update your HBC\bootmii installations, make a nand backup (very important), then continue with updating your softmods.

Agreed!

:D

Andriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

0_o so which do I do first, a nand backup or modmii

EDIT: I clicked on the modmii ad in one of your guys' signature, and it lead to a program I tried before but i got confused, so I used the 4.2 softmod guide on this forum, can I just use that?(but in hbc)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii has recently come a long way, there's now a GUI, called ModMii Skin, so it's got a point and click interface you'll prolly be more comfortable with. And the custom guides are now html based instead of txt based, this means proper formatting, pictures, videos, etc.

The other guide will prolly work, but ModMii is better (according to my biased opinion as I wrote ModMii)

Reactions: 1 person

Andriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ModMii has recently come a long way, there's now a GUI, called ModMii Skin, so it's got a point and click interface you'll prolly be more comfortable with. And the custom guides are now html based instead of txt based, this means proper formatting, pictures, videos, etc.

The other guide will prolly work, but ModMii is better (according to my biased opinion as I wrote ModMii)
haha okay then ill try it out

EDIT: So I should tell the installer that this is my first time softmodding my wii? it said that the no option is also known as re-hacking =S

EDIT: Also will all my installed channels and iOS's be uninstalled? will i have to get a new backup loader etc

Andriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

just a bump for quick reply, gtg somewhere soon =S

EDIT: Also is a FAT sd card okay?

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're bumping and the answer was already given to you very clearly.
1. Mod as if virgin and any installed channels/loaders will be gone.
2. Should be an SDHC card right? that's what you were using before formated FAT32?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but I wasn't aware that ModMii deleted current channels... To my knowledge, it will update and install needed IOS's.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds right. He's not reinstalling nand backup at this point, just IOSes.
Apologies for misspeaking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...