Lost Planet 3 Announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Lily, Apr 10, 2012.

Apr 10, 2012

Lost Planet 3 Announced by Lily at 3:26 PM (1,913 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Lily
    OP

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    [​IMG]

Fresh from Capcom's annual "Captivate" event comes news of a previously unannounced title -- Lost Planet 3! Spark Unlimited (Call of Duty: Finest Hour) is taking on development duties for a 2013 release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

[yt]R2UE6tJ1MBU[/yt]​

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I was just thinking "Capcom could really do with releasing yet another sub-par game" and here it is!

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Although LP2 did not really hold up as a current game (it felt like a launch title or original xbox game in many ways) I actually did not mind it other than the train instant death levels (you did get lives but still).

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    And I thought Spark Unlimited were working on Battlefront 3? Well, it was rumored, but not much else.

I've heard some pretty bad things about their previous title (Legendary: The Box or whatever it was called) and I haven't heard good things about Lost Planet either.

Really wish Capcom just dropped bad new IPs instead of forcing them. Like I'm glad they picked up Dead Rising from (what I considered to be terrible) the original to DR2, but I don't think anyone cared about Lost Planet.

Meanwhile their old IPs just kinda died and are only remembered in their fighting crossovers.

You should be happy. A bad new developer should really help kill keep the series alive!

In all honesty, with lingering franchises that need to die, they usually need something so unfathomably bad that it kills the franchise permanently, that nothing will ever come back to recover from this monstrosity. Perhaps having a bad dev on a mediocre game will equate to a bad dev who made a bad game, perhaps to the point of killing the franchise and bringing back Megaman Darkstalkers!

5. tronic307

Member tronic307 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They ripped off the Star Trek ice planet monster scene and that was the worst part of the movie.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    That never happened in the Undiscovered Country!

EDIT: Zing!

7. trance

Member trance GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Pfft. Capcom don't develop anything anymore. No wonder their demographics are angry at them.

8. Hadrian

United Kingdom
  9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Poke your Captain Commando I will take another dino crisis.

Edit: as for ripping off star trek by which I assume you mean that 2009 film wasn't the original game released in 2006?

10. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    I still want the Resident Evil: Dino Crisis game. The opening cutscene could be a zombie Brontosaurus eating a bastard T-Rex.

11. tronic307

Member tronic307 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, I had the original game. I meant a sequence in this new trailer. Kirk and the ice creature tumble the same way. The camera even moves the same during that part. It's as if 0:43 to 0:47 were lifted from the film. I doubt Star Trek ever had huge mechs, though.

12. rehevkor

Member rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If Legendary (Spark Unlimited's last game) is anything to go by, this should be... fucking awful.

13. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Because the world was sitting on the edge of its seat in anticipation of another Lost Planet game.

14. sdfoiwejfoi
    This message by sdfoiwejfoi has been removed from public view by Costello, Aug 24, 2013.
    Apr 14, 2012