One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gallery_24102_883_6630.jpg

Fresh from Capcom's annual "Captivate" event comes news of a previously unannounced title -- Lost Planet 3! Spark Unlimited (Call of Duty: Finest Hour) is taking on development duties for a 2013 release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

[yt]R2UE6tJ1MBU[/yt]​

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking "Capcom could really do with releasing yet another sub-par game" and here it is!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although LP2 did not really hold up as a current game (it felt like a launch title or original xbox game in many ways) I actually did not mind it other than the train instant death levels (you did get lives but still).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I thought Spark Unlimited were working on Battlefront 3? Well, it was rumored, but not much else.

I've heard some pretty bad things about their previous title (Legendary: The Box or whatever it was called) and I haven't heard good things about Lost Planet either.

Really wish Capcom just dropped bad new IPs instead of forcing them. Like I'm glad they picked up Dead Rising from (what I considered to be terrible) the original to DR2, but I don't think anyone cared about Lost Planet.

Meanwhile their old IPs just kinda died and are only remembered in their fighting crossovers.

I was just thinking "Capcom could really do with releasing yet another sub-par game" and here it is!

You should be happy. A bad new developer should really help kill keep the series alive!

In all honesty, with lingering franchises that need to die, they usually need something so unfathomably bad that it kills the franchise permanently, that nothing will ever come back to recover from this monstrosity. Perhaps having a bad dev on a mediocre game will equate to a bad dev who made a bad game, perhaps to the point of killing the franchise and bringing back Megaman Darkstalkers!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Poke your Captain Commando I will take another dino crisis.

Edit: as for ripping off star trek by which I assume you mean that 2009 film wasn't the original game released in 2006?

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: as for ripping off star trek by which I assume you mean that 2009 film wasn't the original game released in 2006?
No, I had the original game. I meant a sequence in this new trailer. Kirk and the ice creature tumble the same way. The camera even moves the same during that part. It's as if 0:43 to 0:47 were lifted from the film. I doubt Star Trek ever had huge mechs, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1