Looking for GBA ROM Flash Cart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Roxas6662, Jun 8, 2010.

Jun 8, 2010
  1. Roxas6662
    OP

Newcomer Roxas6662 Newbie

United States
    I want to get another flash cart to emulate GBA games. I have a clone R4 right now, the R4 SDHC, and a 4GB microSD.

The only limit I have is 40$ US. I really don't want to pay fourty, but I will if it's the only way.
    I looked at the 3in1EZ Flash, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. I'm kind of a n00b at NDS, I'm a PSP kind of guy lol, obviously, as I bought a CLONE R4 =]

So if anyone could show me a gba flash cart for DS lite preferably, then I'd greatly appreciate it. I would also not mind GBA sized flash carts.

Thanks.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Go with the Supercard Two buddy [​IMG]
    Avoid R4 clones

3. WaffleDee

Newcomer WaffleDee Advanced Member

Canada
    Supercard DSTWO is the only slot one flashcart that can play GBA roms.
    I hear easy flash 3 in 1 is the current most popular card for slot 2, but I think you need a slot one card to boot it or something (no idea)

4. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

you can just boot the slot 2 cart in gba mode, or if you have a suitable slot1 cart you can boot gba off your slot2 directly from the slot1 cart, I boot gba via an ez4lite using AKAIO, AKAIO also works with my old 256mbit flash2advance cart

5. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'd say grab an AK2i + 3in1 from ShopTemp. I'm not sure if that clone R4 will be compatible with the 3in1. That'd be a total of $34.95USD and so in that case I'd just spend the extra $5 and get an SCDS2.

6. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

if he wants perfect gba then he'd be better off getting the two carts, the dstwo uses an emulator

7. airss

Newcomer airss Member

United States
    another choice, m3 ds real perfect Bundle, include m3 ds real + Rumble Pack + GBA Expansion Pack
    i think it's one of the most expensive flash cards now.

8. doeo

Banned doeo Banned

Antarctica
    AK2i + EZFlash 3 in 1 is what I'm planning to get! [​IMG]
    I already got the AK2i so I'm halfway there.
    Knowing that iPlayer and SCDS2 have a slight frameskip I still wouldn't want that even if it works on DSi.
    Those 2 are under 40 bucks.
    40 bucks...
    Where I live I bought my original R4 for 60 bucks -_-

9. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    If you just want GBA, choose a EZFlash 3 in 1. If you want a upgrade from your R4, and want to be able to play GBA games at the same time get a SuperCard DS2 (With a little frameskip). I myself just bought a SCDS2, and I'm waiting for it to arrive....(Upgraded from a Acekard 2i?)

10. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well if you strictly want to play GBA then get the EZflash 3 in 1 as it plays most games at full speed nonetheless, but I would go for a SCDS2 seeing as how it'll have SNES and all.

11. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    go for the suppercard ds TWO or a acekard/iedge + 3-in-1

12. 3m1L

Newcomer 3m1L Newbie

Norway
    Hi, I have recently bought an AK2i for my dsl, and i would like a slot 2 card, so i can play GBA-games.
    The extended RAM so I can use the web-browser and the rumblepack are bonuses [​IMG]

I want to know how well the web-browser works. I have seen some videos of it and it seems kind of slow. But i know there are 3 versions of the EZ, and i guess it's the latest version sold at shoptemp. Does the browser work better with the latest cards as they have more RAM? Is it usable at all or is it really slow?

And I think 20usd seems a bit expensive, aren't these cards years old?

13. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

make sure you install AKAIO and configure it for gba booting, that way you won't even have to boot directly to your gba cart, AKAIO will pass the gba game to the gba cart straight from its own sd card

14. SixtySixHundred

Member SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I just bought an EZ flash 3in1 expansion from Shoptemp and USD20 is the cheapest you're gonna get. Yes, they are years old but there's different revisions of the cart and upgrades to certain parts of it like the NOR memory. This particular cart not only has the RAM expansion + GBA ROM loading but also rumble support. You're not going to need anything else! The 3in1 will also work with most R4 clones so feel free to ignore the anti-R4 brigade!

It's worth noting though that the EZ flash V 3in1 Expnsion (the one on Shoptemp) is only of any use to the DSLite and won't work on DSPhat despite the Slot-2.

Still, your budget is $40 so get an SCDSTWO! That'll work on everything DS and emulates GBA/SNES from Slot-1...