Hacking Looking for GBA ROM Flash Cart

Roxas6662

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get another flash cart to emulate GBA games. I have a clone R4 right now, the R4 SDHC, and a 4GB microSD.

The only limit I have is 40$ US. I really don't want to pay fourty, but I will if it's the only way.
I looked at the 3in1EZ Flash, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. I'm kind of a n00b at NDS, I'm a PSP kind of guy lol, obviously, as I bought a CLONE R4 =]

So if anyone could show me a gba flash cart for DS lite preferably, then I'd greatly appreciate it. I would also not mind GBA sized flash carts.

Thanks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go with the Supercard Two buddy
happy.gif

Avoid R4 clones

WaffleDee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supercard DSTWO is the only slot one flashcart that can play GBA roms.
I hear easy flash 3 in 1 is the current most popular card for slot 2, but I think you need a slot one card to boot it or something (no idea)

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
WaffleDee said:
Supercard DSTWO is the only slot one flashcart that can play GBA roms.
I hear easy flash 3 in 1 is the current most popular card for slot 2, but I think you need a slot one card to boot it or something (no idea)

you can just boot the slot 2 cart in gba mode, or if you have a suitable slot1 cart you can boot gba off your slot2 directly from the slot1 cart, I boot gba via an ez4lite using AKAIO, AKAIO also works with my old 256mbit flash2advance cart

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say grab an AK2i + 3in1 from ShopTemp. I'm not sure if that clone R4 will be compatible with the 3in1. That'd be a total of $34.95USD and so in that case I'd just spend the extra $5 and get an SCDS2.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AK2i + EZFlash 3 in 1 is what I'm planning to get!
biggrin.gif

I already got the AK2i so I'm halfway there.
Knowing that iPlayer and SCDS2 have a slight frameskip I still wouldn't want that even if it works on DSi.
Those 2 are under 40 bucks.
40 bucks...
Where I live I bought my original R4 for 60 bucks -_-

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just want GBA, choose a EZFlash 3 in 1. If you want a upgrade from your R4, and want to be able to play GBA games at the same time get a SuperCard DS2 (With a little frameskip). I myself just bought a SCDS2, and I'm waiting for it to arrive....(Upgraded from a Acekard 2i?)

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you strictly want to play GBA then get the EZflash 3 in 1 as it plays most games at full speed nonetheless, but I would go for a SCDS2 seeing as how it'll have SNES and all.

3m1L

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I have recently bought an AK2i for my dsl, and i would like a slot 2 card, so i can play GBA-games.
The extended RAM so I can use the web-browser and the rumblepack are bonuses
smile.gif

I want to know how well the web-browser works. I have seen some videos of it and it seems kind of slow. But i know there are 3 versions of the EZ, and i guess it's the latest version sold at shoptemp. Does the browser work better with the latest cards as they have more RAM? Is it usable at all or is it really slow?

And I think 20usd seems a bit expensive, aren't these cards years old?

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
doeo said:
AK2i + EZFlash 3 in 1 is what I'm planning to get!
biggrin.gif

I already got the AK2i so I'm halfway there.
Knowing that iPlayer and SCDS2 have a slight frameskip I still wouldn't want that even if it works on DSi.
Those 2 are under 40 bucks.
40 bucks...
Where I live I bought my original R4 for 60 bucks -_-

make sure you install AKAIO and configure it for gba booting, that way you won't even have to boot directly to your gba cart, AKAIO will pass the gba game to the gba cart straight from its own sd card

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought an EZ flash 3in1 expansion from Shoptemp and USD20 is the cheapest you're gonna get. Yes, they are years old but there's different revisions of the cart and upgrades to certain parts of it like the NOR memory. This particular cart not only has the RAM expansion + GBA ROM loading but also rumble support. You're not going to need anything else! The 3in1 will also work with most R4 clones so feel free to ignore the anti-R4 brigade!

It's worth noting though that the EZ flash V 3in1 Expnsion (the one on Shoptemp) is only of any use to the DSLite and won't work on DSPhat despite the Slot-2.

Still, your budget is $40 so get an SCDSTWO! That'll work on everything DS and emulates GBA/SNES from Slot-1...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?