The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi all!
Today I finally got an ereader, and now I need books to fill it up with :D
I like fantasy books, David Eddings in one of my favourite authors, and one of my all time favourite series is The Heritage of Shannara by Terry Brooks (my username comes from there too). Other books I've enjoyed and that I can think of off the top of my head are the Death Gate series by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, The Hunger Games, Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter. I am not indimitated by even the most thickest of books, actually if the physical book is big and heavy enough to kill someone with, I'm probably going to enjoy it. I love when the world and the characters have been built with care. I also enjoy insane villains, like Pagan Min in Far Cry 4 (based on the little I've seen of the game).

Books I don't remember the names of but remember enjoying: A book with Christopher, who traveled to a magical land while sleeping? And a book series where the wizards needed a stone to become full fledged ones, something with an S in the title? Sep-something...? If anyone can give me the names of these books/series, I'll be very grateful.

Things I don't like: Too much swearing; I can handle if there's swearing here and there, but if there's someone being a potty mouth on every page, I won't get far (tried reading The Lies of Locke Lamora but dropped it for this reason before I got even 30 pages in). And for some reason, if the book is written in first person view, it somewhat irks me, but this is not a deal breaker.

Disclaimer: Some names of books might be incorrect because I'm Finnish and don't know the proper English titles for everything. Ask for clarification if needed and I shall actually google the English names or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*