Hardware looking for an internal headers usb 2 pcie board..

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
my stupid motherboard only comes with 1 internal usb connector (thoose 9 pin internal headers)
currently have 3 things that needs theese headers...
so i have my case usb 2.0 ports disconnected, and my cooler connected into the back of the board like a normal external peripheral.. (i hate going from inside to outside of the case)

so i am looking for a PCI express board that provides usb internal connectors, and i really wanted one that provides the headers and not normal usb plugs that requires me to get adapters for it...

using the NZXT internal usb hub is not an option https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Most PCI-E USB adapter cards should provide one or more internal headers, but since USB 2.0 is an older standard it might be hard to find something that comes with just those headers. However, the USB3 headers are backwards-compatible with USB2.0 ones provided that you get an adapter for that explicit purpose.

I have used this kind of adapter in the past with no issues and they should also be available with USB2.0 male header ends if that is what you're looking for.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Most PCI-E USB adapter cards should provide one or more internal headers, but since USB 2.0 is an older standard it might be hard to find something that comes with just those headers. However, the USB3 headers are backwards-compatible with USB2.0 ones provided that you get an adapter for that explicit purpose.

I have used this kind of adapter in the past with no issues and they should also be available with USB2.0 male header ends if that is what you're looking for.
would like to avoid using adapters, but if i don't have other option i may consider it..
just want to avoid extra clutter and stuff to make it cleaner.. already have a mess in the back of the case with the sata power connectors

why is the nzxt hub not an option?
the only usb2.0 header is part of the ROG EXT port, which is occupied by my asus front base..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-