looking for an internal headers usb 2 pcie board..

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by migles, May 31, 2017.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    my stupid motherboard only comes with 1 internal usb connector (thoose 9 pin internal headers)
    currently have 3 things that needs theese headers...
    so i have my case usb 2.0 ports disconnected, and my cooler connected into the back of the board like a normal external peripheral.. (i hate going from inside to outside of the case)

so i am looking for a PCI express board that provides usb internal connectors, and i really wanted one that provides the headers and not normal usb plugs that requires me to get adapters for it...

using the NZXT internal usb hub is not an option https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

2. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Most PCI-E USB adapter cards should provide one or more internal headers, but since USB 2.0 is an older standard it might be hard to find something that comes with just those headers. However, the USB3 headers are backwards-compatible with USB2.0 ones provided that you get an adapter for that explicit purpose.

I have used this kind of adapter in the past with no issues and they should also be available with USB2.0 male header ends if that is what you're looking for.

3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    why is the nzxt hub not an option?

4. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    would like to avoid using adapters, but if i don't have other option i may consider it..
    just want to avoid extra clutter and stuff to make it cleaner.. already have a mess in the back of the case with the sata power connectors

the only usb2.0 header is part of the ROG EXT port, which is occupied by my asus front base..

5. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    ...what mobo do you have?