Hardware Looking for Accessory to play Splatoon with Keyboard and Mouse.

someonetimeuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

Is there an Accessory which allows you to play Splatoon with Keyboard and Mouse? I imagine it to be possible somehow since you can turn off motion controls and set Camera sensitivty to +5, but couldnt find anything, so here I am. Even just looking around with the mouse would help. Any ideas?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a WiiU game. There is no mouse and keyboard for the WiiU, as far as I'm aware. Even if there was, support would probably have to be hardcoded in the game, since a mouse would be able to rotate faster than the analog stick at whatever sensitivity.

someonetimeuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know there are tools for other consoles which translate mouse movement into analog stick movements, I hope ther eis soemthing like that for the Wiiu.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: someonetimeuser

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It has been proven that if you somehow connect the Wii U to a PC you can use an Xbox 360 or any controller, or possibly mouse and keyboard but as far as an adapter that allows it
Good question
If I'm correct it can but not for gaming
Now you need a converter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EGG9KTQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to work as long as a game supports the wupc

Edit
More info check here

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=28865.0

not universal I see as it needs firmware update to support games and hasn't had it in a year
Seems like I said before to work if its supports wupc or classic controller

The game does support the WUPC but only for local multiplayer sessions, so that's pretty limited.

Reactions: someonetimeuser

someonetimeuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's unfortunate, looks like I will need to urtilize motion sensor and high sensitive camera to compensate. I hope the will add support for WUPC so you can use mouse+keyboard with the adapter.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been proven that if you somehow connect the Wii U to a PC you can use an Xbox 360 or any controller, or possibly mouse and keyboard but as far as an adapter that allows it

The game does support the WUPC but only for local multiplayer sessions, so that's pretty limited.
True but atleast he can use it for other games if he wants.

That's unfortunate, looks like I will need to urtilize motion sensor and high sensitive camera to compensate. I hope the will add support for WUPC so you can use mouse+keyboard with the adapter.
Just to tell you it costs about 70 bucks for the adapter

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The guy that I'm referring to is the same one who unlocked new amiibos figures (Duck Hunt amiibo, for example) in Smash without the actual NFC figures, I know it's somewhere around the forum. That looked like some complex stuff for someone who'd want a plug & play device.

Also, he used to post topics with quotes from movies rather than straight to the point titles.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy that I'm referring to is the same one who unlocked new amiibos figures (Duck Hunt amiibo, for example) in Smash without the actual NFC figures, I know it's somewhere around the forum. That looked like some complex stuff for someone who'd want a plug & play device.

Also, he used to post topics with quotes from movies rather than straight to the point titles.
Hmm I actually think I remember him but forgot hisnavi and name

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1