Hardware Looking for a PERFECT monitor

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm sick of buying shitty monitors that don't have Digital in and have terrible color schemes. I don't want to have to set my resolution to 1919x1080 to fix my issues anymore!

Please recommend a 23"+ monitor in the 150 ~ 290 Range.

Has anyone had any experience with this monitor before?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rue&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

I'm seeing mixed reviews.

I will NOT ever buy from Samsung; but I will consider LG, ASUS, and AOC

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to set a specific resolution, you're probably going to have to dig up an old CRT monitor. LCD's have one native resolution that works best. That's just how LCD technology is made.

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If you don't want to set a specific resolution, you're probably going to have to dig up an old CRT monitor. LCD's have one native resolution that works best. That's just how LCD technology is made.
I know my op is not very clear (I'm rather out of it right now) but I want a monitor that doesn't have to be set at some bizarre resolution to get colors to display correctly. (1920x1080 is standard, but the monitor I have right now has issues unless its set to 1919x1080)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are you looking at a 120/144Hz TN panel if you want good color reproduction? You'll probably be disappointed, no matter what you get (the BenQ XL2420TE has better colors than other 120Hz monitors, but that's still only decent at best, and beyond your price range). You'll have to make compromises, as there as no such thing as a "perfect monitor".

Things you might want to think about:
Are you playing competitive and/or fast-paced games (or simply want as much motion clarity as possible)? If so, look for a TN LCD with a high refresh rate, or a good used CRT.
Do you want more freedom with resolutions and don't want to be limited to using the "native resolution"? If so, pick up a good used CRT.
Are you willing to sacrifice motion clarity for better color? If so, get an IPS LCD. If you want the best color available, look for a monitor that displays 10-bit color.
Do you want as much desk space as you can get? If so, avoid CRTs.
Are you going to watch movies/videos with others (or simply want a monitor with a greater viewing angle)? If so, avoid TN LCDs.
etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q