Will My new gaming laptop run PCSX2 fine?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by hitosura22, Sep 23, 2013.

1. hitosura22
    OP

hitosura22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Hello i am new here and am looking for some input. I just purchased a new gaming laptop as my current laptop is pretty old and is not doing it for me anymore. I am wondering if my laptop has specs good enough to run PCSX2 games such as the Shadow hearts series and the Fatal Frame series SMT: Nocturne. and P3: Fes at a good frame rate? and even some gamecube games like Resident Evil Zero and some of the REmakes? thank you

Comp model: Lenovo Ideapad Y500

Cpu: Intel Core i5-3230M 2.6GHz

GPU: 2GB Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M SLI GDDR5

Ram: 6GB DDR3

HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM

actually here is the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ckTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)#scrollFullInfo

is this good enough to play some ps2 games or gamecube? Thank you very much for your input!

2. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    If you get one of the AVX or SSE optimized builds of Dolphin you will be able to play any Gamecube/Wii game without any issue. Maybe even at 1080p. These are not the main builds, though, so you will need to skulk around their forums some.

As far as PCSX2 I can't say... I would guess the answer is the same, though.

3. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Dolphin/PCSX2 run on my laptop without a hinch (check my specs in the signature) and your is almost as powerful, so it's safe to say you've got yourself a good enough emulation device for both.

4. hitosura22
    OP

hitosura22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Ah thank you very much. There is a lot of ps2 and gamecube games and even wii that i would like to play. So i was really hoping this would work well. i hope the i5 is fine compared to the i7 in gaming though. Thanks for everything!

5. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    It is not going to run on high/upscaled graphics, native will be fine.

SLI is only useful in selected supported games. No emulator can take advantage of SLI.

6. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    well , if it is for a system you already bought ..... just ... like , try it ? lol