Hardware Will My new gaming laptop run PCSX2 fine?

hitosura22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i am new here and am looking for some input. I just purchased a new gaming laptop as my current laptop is pretty old and is not doing it for me anymore. I am wondering if my laptop has specs good enough to run PCSX2 games such as the Shadow hearts series and the Fatal Frame series SMT: Nocturne. and P3: Fes at a good frame rate? and even some gamecube games like Resident Evil Zero and some of the REmakes? thank you

Comp model: Lenovo Ideapad Y500

Cpu: Intel Core i5-3230M 2.6GHz

GPU: 2GB Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M SLI GDDR5

Ram: 6GB DDR3

HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM

actually here is the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ckTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)#scrollFullInfo

is this good enough to play some ps2 games or gamecube? Thank you very much for your input!

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get one of the AVX or SSE optimized builds of Dolphin you will be able to play any Gamecube/Wii game without any issue. Maybe even at 1080p. These are not the main builds, though, so you will need to skulk around their forums some.

As far as PCSX2 I can't say... I would guess the answer is the same, though.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Dolphin/PCSX2 run on my laptop without a hinch (check my specs in the signature) and your is almost as powerful, so it's safe to say you've got yourself a good enough emulation device for both.

hitosura22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thank you very much. There is a lot of ps2 and gamecube games and even wii that i would like to play. So i was really hoping this would work well. i hope the i5 is fine compared to the i7 in gaming though. Thanks for everything!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not going to run on high/upscaled graphics, native will be fine.

SLI is only useful in selected supported games. No emulator can take advantage of SLI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1