Hacking Looking for a New Flashcart, and Some Help in the Terminology

Reconfigure

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBATemp, this is my first post on the forums, and I'm looking for a great flashcart for playing normal ol' DS games on my Mario Edition DS Lite I got waaay back when I was a kid in preschool. I would like SDHC compatibility, and I'd also want some help in knowing what card is what, like I've seen 20 different R4i Gold cards out there, and 20 different R4-SDHC versions out there as well (I already know the R4i-SDHC in the red box is the OG one). If it matters at all, I also favor towards the original cards like the v2, the SDHC, and the apparently bad R4i-SDHC. Thank you!

Account-ant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recently got the R4i Gold 3DS+ , 20 bucks with free shipping, works like a a charm, SDHC support (so up to 32GB) plus as a bonus if you get a 3DS later you''ll also be able to hack it. It was recommended on here and I'm very glad I went with it. Works on the latest firmware.
edit: it's the one linked in the post above, and that site is where I got it from.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Isn't that a clone though?
every one is a clone, some are a clone of a clone etc
the original r4 didn't had sdhc, and even if you get a r4 with no sdhc support it probably is already a clone lol
the one i mentioned above is the most recomended
i personally got a ds two which is great but you know, expensive

Reconfigure

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every one is a clone, some are a clone of a clone etc
the original r4 didn't had sdhc, and even if you get a r4 with no sdhc support it probably is already a clone lol
the one i mentioned above is the most recomended
i personally got a ds two which is great but you know, expensive
Ah I see. What are the original cards? From all I know, it's the R4, the R4v2, the R4-SDHC, and then the R4i-SDHC which was soon updated to the RTS version and then the 3DS one. I'm still so confused as to what's what especially with the 400 different clones out there.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the R4v2, the R4-SDHC, and then the R4i-SDHC
thoose are already clones lol
don't think much about it. i had been here since 2013 and still didn't figured much out the deal with all the r4 copies clones whatever, there where other brands as well, plenty of r4 are copies of the dstt or something.. there are the akaios as well..

my suggestion, dont think about it and get the one i mentioned earlier since its what everyone likes and recomend.
dont need to be from that store, just from r4ids.cn brand (pay really close to the website since they try to mimic each others websites)

Last edited by migles,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the R4i Gold 3DS RTS/Plus are clones, they are damn good clones lol. I actually enjoy the R4i Gold 3DS flashcarts. I use my DSTWO Plus more than anything else though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8