Gaming Looking for a good F2P First person shooter.

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So while I kinda suck at them, a lot.. every once in a while I want to play an online FPS.

Now here is the rub.. I'm flat out broke, so I can't buy any new ones. So I was wondering what are some good F2P.

So far I've played Unreal Tournament, which is pretty good, but seems to be lacking players.

I've played Blacklight Retribution up till I realized I had no chance to buy armor or weapons for more than a day with In game currency cause I wasn't a pro member or something.

And I play TF2 a bit.. but it's just not my favorite.

So are there any good suggestions of good F2P that isn't "Pay to Win"?

PS... Prefer Sci-fi themed if possible.

*Please note I have no problem grinding to get stat gear.. just don't like the option of not even being able to get it because I haven't payed. Cosmetic gear... can cost as much as it wants.. I won't get any. :P*

Last edited by Tigran,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good and f2p don't go together when it comes to FPS.

Just wait for CSS or CS:GO to go on sale and grab it for like $2

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dirty Bomb is free to play and is pretty decent. Plenty of players. At least for now, it's not pay 2 win. You get 2 mercenaries to play with that are always unlocked and three others rotate in and out on free rotation. Paying lets you unlock them permanently. You can also play enough to unlock with in game credits if you want.

linnethsilv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not play Warframe it is not a FPS, it is a third person action game but it feels like metal gear Rising Revengeance, very nice graphics and cool sci-fi environment

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've heard good things of dirty bomb and fistful of frags. Warsow is also interesting, but probably lacking in players as well. Oh, and the obligatory mentioning of quake live.

So far I've played Unreal Tournament, which is pretty good, but seems to be lacking players.
It's also in pre-alpha build. My guess is it'll get better once it reaches actual release.

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you want something really competitive(but paid), I suggest you buy CS:GO, it's amazing and well worth the money.
For free, there is Blacklight retribution and dirty bomb, which are very good, Quake live, but I'm not sure if it's still free and a fistful of frags, which is also very fun. Crossfire also comes to mind.
A few weks ago I also found a game called warmode, which as an fps is terrible, but I found it quite amusing, even if only for a short while.

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Games like CS:GO are extremely cheap (I recommend buying on G2a.com) and worth every single penny. There aren't a lot of good F2p shooters and since you don't really like Tf2 and EA Shutdown their p4f services (Battlefield Play For Free, Battlefield Heroes (3rd person though)) I can't really think of a good, free FPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-