Gaming Recommended First person shooters?

Mattotk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I tried to play the game with motion controls, tried for hours yesterday with different configs.
One problem I had, aside from button configuration, was that the camera moved very slowly, not precise at all.
It was way easier to play using a regular control scheme.

Do you know anyway to change the speed of the pointer on the gamecube games?
Couldn't even play TimeSplitters because the motion controls feels like if it had a huge input lag and can't really follow your movements, its harder than playing with a controller, same for you?
Post automatically merged:

Good for you my guy 👍🏽

More power to you. I was suggesting that there are other platforms out there that are conducive to a better gameplay experience for FPS titles. I own a Wii console, but it's not my go-to for playing FPS games.
Yeah mine neither, I barely got a Wii few months ago and had no desire of playing first person shooters, until I played Metroid, I can play the game on PC using the mouse and its much easier and better looking, but using the wii motes its fun to be honest, and playing on Wii (on games that run perfectly well) is nice because the sound is perfect among other things.

Conduit 1 and 2 plays much much better on pc to be honest, stable framerate for example.

I don't know. If you don't like the control in 007 Nightfire, try other games with more options like the TimeSplitter games.
I wonder if this is how its meant to run, or we are using an outdated version, I don't know.
TimeSplitters is also unplayable with Wii mote, switched the controls, but the aim can't follow my movements, like its much easier to use a generic controller, and that kind of breaks the point of using the motion controls.

To give you an example, the movements are innacurate and slow, when you try to move up or down, it will be slow and you are going to move more than intended, with a delay.

You didn't have this issues?

Last edited by Mattotk,
Reactions: Felold

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if you got a wii you can also play gc games with nintendont so you can play some amazing fps on the gc also like i dislike motion controls so i use controller everytime possible, using motion on gc games is just killing off good contros the games had.

early call of dutys(WW2)
medal of honors
007 nightfire
timesplitters
metroid prime trilogy
serious sam
turok

• Love
Reactions: Mattotk

Mattotk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
if you got a wii you can also play gc games with nintendont so you can play some amazing fps on the gc also like i dislike motion controls so i use controller everytime possible, using motion on gc games is just killing off good contros the games had.

early call of dutys(WW2)
medal of honors
007 nightfire
timesplitters
metroid prime trilogy
serious sam
turok
I have been playing some GC games with a classic controller, but no shooters so far, only TimeSplitters with an xbox 360 controller thanks to a nintendont fork that allows it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have been playing some GC games with a classic controller, but no shooters so far, only TimeSplitters with an xbox 360 controller thanks to a nintendont fork that allows it.
you shoudl really get a gc controller imo, there is no best way to play gc games.

Second best i would say an official wiiu pro controller since its wireless and works on wiiu and wii on nintendont and some other emulators.

Mattotk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
you shoudl really get a gc controller imo, there is no best way to play gc games.

Second best i would say an official wiiu pro controller since its wireless and works on wiiu and wii on nintendont and some other emulators.
I can buy a Gamestop GC controller, not sure if its good tho, around 20 bucks in here.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can buy a Gamestop GC controller, not sure if its good tho, around 20 bucks in here.
official or dont buy it, those third party gc controllers are awful, they break easily and the worst part many of them fake having analogue triggers and just have digital ones.

An used gc official controller on ebay or your local marketplace/used stuff store is a much better option if both analogue sticks are in good conditions.

Last edited by pedro702,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can confirm, if getting a Wii Pro Controller get a original one. Fake one might work with (v)Wii and WiiU, but not properly with homebrew stuff like USB Loaders. They have a different bluetooth communication protocol whats causing issues, resulting in connection and input errors.

Mattotk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I can confirm, if getting a Wii Pro Controller get a original one. Fake one might work with (v)Wii and WiiU, but not properly with homebrew stuff like USB Loaders. They have a different bluetooth communication protocol whats causing issues, resulting in connection and input errors.
I can relate to these issues, a third party classic controller often causes crashers while in hombrew or in cfg usb loader, dsi exception error.

official or dont buy it, those third party gc controllers are awful, they break easily and the worst part many of them fake having analogue triggers and just have digital ones.

An used gc official controller on ebay or your local marketplace/used stuff store is a much better option if both analogue sticks are in good conditions.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys