First-person magic shooter 'Immortals of Aveum' announced

immortals.jpg

Independent developer Ascendant Studios have unveiled their debut title Immortals of Aveum. The latter is a single player, first-person magic shooter set in an original fantasy universe. Its gameplay mixes fast-paced action and spell-based combat. A reveal trailer provides a glimpse of the game's plot and gameplay:

Experience the story of Jak as he joins an elite order of battlemages to save a world on the edge of abyss.

Immortals of Aveum releases on July 20, 2023 on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC and will be published under the EA Originals label.

:arrow: SOURCE

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Battlefield with magic? Sounds intriguing.
10 years old be like : call of duty with magic? lol fuck it, lets pewpewpew and camp... WHAT THE FUCK IM DEAD?! FUCK YOU! MY DAD OWNS MICROSOFT! IM GETTING YOU BANNED SUCKER

Last edited by Noctosphere,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tbh It looks good. I hope the release won't be tainted by poor optimization and bugs galore. The story seems fantastical enough to avoid stupid controversies among zealots which is great.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh how bloody amazing . Another boring as fuck generic FPS.

I really can't control my excitement.
Generic ? Look, you might be not interested because it's an FPS, but a magic oriented FPS definitely isn't « generic » and from the few glimpses of gameplay we see in it, it looks more akin to something like Doom 2016 than any grounded FPS that is set during a WW or any recent conflict.

Still need to see more gameplay, but it looks interesting. Tho I'm not really a fan of the cutscenes. Silent protags are just the way to go for me ... Or at the very least not Marvel-level dialogues. But the universe seems fun. Definitely keeping an eye on it.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For a moment, I saw that image on top of the game there, and I was confused, like "Wait, didn't this game came out already and everyone say it's terrible"
Then I remembered which game I had in mind and got it confused with:
EGS_Forspoken_LuminousProductions_S1_2560x1440-f2f99882e9d396b21fb65735d266385a_2560x1440-f2f99882e9d396b21fb65735d266385a

Kind of similar image/theming, lol

Reactions: Marc_LFD

RiverLazuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah this looks pretty aggressively just fine imo. might be a fun time if you can get it for cheap, like Jedi: Fallen Order has been recently

Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish games like this where they decide to make a semi new ip (at least storywise) decide to do different things with the movement. It looks so stiff just standing in place shooting magical particles...you could do the same with guns, and say the protag isnt magic aligned and they are fighting the empire for all the normas. hehe
Looks slow gameplay wise :(, but who knows maybe it'll get better in game with skills?

There was a dreamcast game called Maken X, that allows you to fight melee and some limited other styles depending on what bodies you possessed. Why cant these fpses steal ideas from games like that? lol
Maken X Dreamcast gameplay

Reactions: DarkCoffe64 and Xzi

RiverLazuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish games like this where they decide to make a semi new ip (at least storywise) decide to do different things with the movement. It looks so stiff just standing in place shooting magical particles...you could do the same with guns, and say the protag isnt magic aligned and they are fighting the empire for all the normas. hehe
Looks slow gameplay wise :(, but who knows maybe it'll get better in game with skills?

There was a dreamcast game called Maken X, that allows you to fight melee and some limited other styles depending on what bodies you possessed. Why cant these fpses steal ideas from games like that? lol
Maken X Dreamcast gameplay
I've never heard of this but that looks and sounds cool as hell lol, gotta check that out

Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of this but that looks and sounds cool as hell lol, gotta check that out
It's very cool. The beginning starts out slow, abilities wise, with only being able to jump over mobs and slash, but as you get further and the story keeps going, you get to posssess more and more characters with different abilities.

They also made a port? of it over to ps2 in the third person view, but I still prefer the dreamcast one.
edit: oh forgot one of the most important parts. the art design for characters was done by whoever did the old shin megami tensei: persona 2 and up games. :O

Last edited by eternal,
Reactions: RiverLazuli

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0