First-person magic shooter 'Immortals of Aveum' announced

immortals.jpg

Independent developer Ascendant Studios have unveiled their debut title Immortals of Aveum. The latter is a single player, first-person magic shooter set in an original fantasy universe. Its gameplay mixes fast-paced action and spell-based combat. A reveal trailer provides a glimpse of the game's plot and gameplay:

Experience the story of Jak as he joins an elite order of battlemages to save a world on the edge of abyss.

Immortals of Aveum releases on July 20, 2023 on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC and will be published under the EA Originals label.

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Without any sort of actual casting system, they might as well have just put particle effects on bullets and called it a day. We need more games that have you put together sequences of runes like Eternal Darkness, or that have you draw symbols like Okami.

• Haha
Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without any sort of actual casting system, they might as well have just put particle effects on bullets and called it a day. We need more games that have you put together sequences of runes like Eternal Darkness, or that have you draw symbols like Okami.
Like i said earlier, the are doing the least gameplay wise for the most profit it seems just from the trailer. I already dont trust EA (as most others dont), but its now just extra looking bad. "magic particles, and barely moving..." who the heck are the folks making these trailers lol

Reactions: Xzi

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all behind the idea of a magic shooter, but while this game looks flashy, there is no substance there. I was trying to understand why an independent studio is trying to make something that gives off that icky, western corporate, mainstream vibe. Then I realized, "oh, it's being published by EA."

Anyway, hard pass.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a game of that sort on the DS called "Lost Magic". Iirc, it was even one of the like first games of that console.

Reactions: Xzi

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
'original fantasy universe' - Ahuh. Awesome. Never played a game set in a fantasy universe. Original too. Sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol