Hacking Looking for a full/updated JP keyboard for US 3DS systems (small characters and ー needed)

RarePupper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently use the custom keyboard from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4mfeff/hiragana_katakana_input_without_changing_region/

It worked great until I came across one big problem when playing Neko Tomo: when the predictive text is unavailable, small characters (especially katakana vowels and tsu) cannot be entered, and there is no choonpu (the dash that makes vowels longer, it is different from the dash in the symbols keyboard) at all! This makes entering certain passwords for website/collab items impossible! Passwords which don't require these characters are registered just fine by the game (i.e., the Kuma Tomo early purchase bonus), so my problem is the lack of these important characters in the current custom keyboard.

If someone can provide a custom keyboard with the keyboards like shown in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/replace-3ds-keyboard-without-changing-region.428954/ but for US systems, that would be much appreciated!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why are you even using custom keyboards when literally all Japanese-region games automatically change the keyboard to proper Japanese? I've yet to play a Japanese game that didn't swap out the QWERTY with the proper Japanese keyboard (not the "phone"-style one). Tried playing without any custom keyboards installed?

RarePupper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you even using custom keyboards when literally all Japanese-region games automatically change the keyboard to proper Japanese? I've yet to play a Japanese game that didn't swap out the QWERTY with the proper Japanese keyboard (not the "phone"-style one). Tried playing without any custom keyboards installed?

Neko Tomo uses the default system keyboard, not its own. I don't know how to uninstall the custom keyboard either.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I did promise "other regions on request" so hope I'll remember after I wake up ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know how to uninstall the custom keyboard either.
Uninstall the one you currently have (including ticket) then do a system update (or install a clean unmodified one from a .cia)

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Neko Tomo uses the default system keyboard, not its own. I don't know how to uninstall the custom keyboard either.
It could be that it uses the system one because yours is modified. Anyway, if you only need passwords to work, just find a cheat plugin or save edit it to unlock them, not worth the trouble for tinkering with your NAND really.

RarePupper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I did promise "other regions on request" so hope I'll remember after I wake up ;)
Ahh, thank you so much! That is much appreciated :D

It could be that it uses the system one because yours is modified. Anyway, if you only need passwords to work, just find a cheat plugin or save edit it to unlock them, not worth the trouble for tinkering with your NAND really.
The game's website advertises using the system keyboard as well. This game is fairly new so there is no cheats/edits available right now.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here, without the extra symbols mod, just with a better 10-key Japanese (taken from my ACNL keyboard mod - dunno why I forgot small characters in the system European one I made back then)
Code:
### cell_input_alpha
あいうえおぁぃぅぇぉ
かきくけこがぎぐげご
さしすせそざじずぜぞ
たちつてとっだぢづでど
なにぬねの
はひふへほばびぶべぼぱぴぷぺぽ
まみむめも
やゆよゃゅょ
らりるれろ

わをんゎー