Long Car Ride

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Isaac, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Isaac
    OP

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    Tomorrow, I go on vacation. I have a long drive to look forward to (appx. 5 hours) Because of this, I've pulled my DS lite and Acekard out of storage. I'm looking for suggestions. I'm looking for a more western type RPG, though I'll play anything.

Thank you in advance.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino for Hire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Ni No Kuni.
    JRPG tho...
    And takes longer then 5 hours ;p

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    what qualifies as westerntype rpg? cause i'm not sure the ds has many or many good ones. orcs and elfes is one i would say is western rpg, but its kinda dumb.
    for a long drive, I'd say, get a few games of different genre.
    castlevania dawn of sorrow, from the abyss, inazuma eleven, kirby - mass attack, speed racer or mario kart and any of the 500 puzzle games like polarium, soduko or picross

4. Isaac
    OP

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    I just find that western RPG's have a higher emphasize for character creation than J-RPG's. I'm trying to find a game where you make your own character. After a bit of research, I've found two games that look interesting. Orc's and elves, and fighting fantasy - The Warlock of Firetop mountain. I think I'm going to try those two.

I think I'll also try the castlevania game you mentioned, Clydefrosch, and I'll look into Ni no kuni, though I'm not a huge fan of J-rpg for the most part.

5. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    I'd say Disgaea DS but you can't make characters right away and you have to grind for XP. Not sure about grinding since i have two different games going on two different consoles

6. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Los Angeles, California
    Radiant Historia, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania

7. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Try these: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (not an rpg, but visual novel / puzzle game, has an incredibly interesring story that will engross you) ; Radiant Historia (awesome rpg, awesome story, I don't need to say anything else) ; Taiko no Tatsujin (Rhythm game with an rpg mode, sadly it's in Japanese only) ; Rhythm Heaven (rhythm mini game collection) ; Mario and Luigi Partners in Time / Bowser's inside story. There's a lot more, but these were just some that were on top of my head.

(Ketsui Death Label : shmup, it starts easy and becomes frustratingly hard an hour in)

P.S. Excuse any grammar errors in this post, the default android keyboard pisses me off.

Yepi69 likes this.
  8. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    The World Ends With You

Solatorobo Red the Hunter

Phoenix Wright games