SynGamer

OP
Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, this game will never commercially make it to the DS, but would it be possible to port it as a homebrew game? Hardware wise is more of my question? I mean, the DS has to be able to handle the game though graphics will obviously be a bit lower-quality than the PSP version. But with the L + R buttons and then the Y + X + B + A, its gotta be possible...

So i guess the question is if the hardware is capable, are there any coders interested?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the graphics could look pretty much exactly the same as the PSP version if it was entirely made out of polygons with anti aliased edges, that way it avoids the stray jagged pixels when you rotate a sprite on the DS

as for your question, I can't code at all
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought this game wasn't a commercial succes... it was hyped by the Sony PR but it was in the budget racks pretty soon...

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Locoroco=Superpwn. It is one of the only reasons I have not sold my PSP yet. I would love a DS port of it. I'm sure it could be done, because Locoroco obviously doesn't need a lot of power...
Locoroco should have been a commercial success... It's short, yes, but it pwns all other PSP games in the fun category.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LocoRoco is due out on cell phones in Japan anytime soon, I forget the source but there were some screens. =)

A DS port would be cool - you could use the stylus to tilt the landscape (imagine rotating an object by grabbing the corner in photoshop).
A Wii version would be pretty interesting as well, alas I don't imagine it happening lol.

=(

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LocoRoco mobile huh? Thanks for informing us! But then a lot of mobile games don't make it out of Japan like King of Fighters and Phoenix Wright but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh, dragging around the world with the stylus would change the fundamental way the game works. I say keep the shoulder button layout, but, if the developer wants to take the extra time and effort, have an alternative control scheme where you drag it around on the touch screen. Who knows, maybe that would be the better way of doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."? +1