Gaming Locating a DS Lite

glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am not willing to be ripped off by some overweight kid on ebay trying to get rich off of his "ingenious" get rich quick scheme. So I have spent awhile online and found one seller who sells mostly non electronic stuff but sells a very large quantity with a good rating from his customers. And he owns his site and I have heard of it before.

I won't say who or where because I am still debating whether or not to order from him. He only ships using very cheap shipping that may take any where from 14 to 21 days and in that time I am wondering if just by waiting I can get a new one some where else a lot sooner?

What are yall thoughs? It is about $140 after shipping btw. Deal or no deal?

I have already ordered an R4 and microSD which are on their way. I am keeping an eye out for a DS Lite white or black at 5 local stores and none of them have had one for about week now... I have only been checking for the past 3 days though.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect local stores (like target and wallmart as well as best buy, and circuit city) to stock ds lites in the next 2-3 weeks. Youll be 100% sure that you get what you want if you buy it from a department store
biggrin.gif
Sure online is sometimes cheaper, but I would NOT be willing to wait a vague "14-21" days to recive my package.

glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea that is the feeling I am getting.... I only have a Walmart near by though.. Actually I will be going down to Tyler, TX this weekend and they have all those stores! I won't have my stuff in though till next week.

I also have a Blockbuster, Hastings, Gamestop and GameXchange.....

CrossFireXT17

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea I mean I have a bunch of stores around me in Lancaster, PA and they all have every color of DS Lite in stock... and if you really wanetd to, I could pick u up one and send it out to you if you send the money

DavidNDC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about everywhere in the Washington DC metro area seems to be sold out. A manager at a local EB said not to expect any until around Mid January, but who knows...

I'm all for free market, but I must say I got a laugh when I read about the guy that got shot while standing in line for a PS3 was planning on buying 4 to sell on ebay. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/28/ps3-shoo...ebay-profiteer/ Who knew being an "eBay Profiteer" was such a hazardous job?
cool.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What wrong with nintendo lately? Its very rare they run out of everything. In the UK at the moment unless you go down the getting ripped off on ebay route you cannot get the wii.

Darksage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
"Marketing strategy"

"Unexpected rise in popularity"

There's a difference between being prepared and overshooting. Most stores got prepared for the major consoles to all be selling like hotcakes you can hardly blame them for not having truckloads of ds lites prepared. By the time the store began to realise how well it was selling it's usually too late.

Edit because I quoted the wrong guy.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
What wrong with nintendo lately? Its very rare they run out of everything.
Not true; the old-style DS's ran out over christmas last year too. Silver came back into stock rather quickly but the blue ones went out of stock in November and didn't resurface until the last week of January.

It depends what colour you want; most UK online stores have the White and Pink lites in stock atm. Black's harder to find but there are a few around. It's not worth playing around with dodgy 3rd party dealers though, it'll only be a a week or two before the normal stores get them back in.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they would have made more money if they supplied tons, enough for everyone who wanted to buy it for xmas.
i mean everytime i go near the video games section theres a mom asking for a DS Lite.

they would have made soooo much money
stupid move on nintendo

DavidNDC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All stores in NL have DS Lites in all three colors
tongue.gif

Way to rub it in that not only do you live in an absolutely beautiful country, but also have the world's inventory of NDS's!
cry.gif

Heck I was never even interested in a DS until my daughter scored one for Christmas. The wife and I were instantly hooked and as a long time PC and Xbox gamer myself I must admit that's quite an accomplishment to get my wife hooked on any gaming system - Much less a handheld. Kudos to Nintendo! Now I have an M3 Lite Perfect on order along with 2GB's of memory and I'm jonesing for a DS or better yet two.

Great site btw, I've leaned quite a bit here!
grog.gif

edit: Kuz im a dumey an canint spel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc