Locating a DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by glitchbit, Dec 29, 2006.

Dec 29, 2006

Locating a DS Lite by glitchbit at 2:24 AM (946 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. glitchbit
    OP

Member glitchbit GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok I am not willing to be ripped off by some overweight kid on ebay trying to get rich off of his "ingenious" get rich quick scheme. So I have spent awhile online and found one seller who sells mostly non electronic stuff but sells a very large quantity with a good rating from his customers. And he owns his site and I have heard of it before.

I won't say who or where because I am still debating whether or not to order from him. He only ships using very cheap shipping that may take any where from 14 to 21 days and in that time I am wondering if just by waiting I can get a new one some where else a lot sooner?

What are yall thoughs? It is about $140 after shipping btw. Deal or no deal?

I have already ordered an R4 and microSD which are on their way. I am keeping an eye out for a DS Lite white or black at 5 local stores and none of them have had one for about week now... I have only been checking for the past 3 days though.

2. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    I expect local stores (like target and wallmart as well as best buy, and circuit city) to stock ds lites in the next 2-3 weeks. Youll be 100% sure that you get what you want if you buy it from a department store [​IMG] Sure online is sometimes cheaper, but I would NOT be willing to wait a vague "14-21" days to recive my package.

3. glitchbit
    OP

Member glitchbit GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yea that is the feeling I am getting.... I only have a Walmart near by though.. Actually I will be going down to Tyler, TX this weekend and they have all those stores! I won't have my stuff in though till next week.

I also have a Blockbuster, Hastings, Gamestop and GameXchange.....

4. kagelump

Newcomer kagelump Advanced Member

try craigslist?

5. CrossFireXT17

Newcomer CrossFireXT17 Member

United States
    yea I mean I have a bunch of stores around me in Lancaster, PA and they all have every color of DS Lite in stock... and if you really wanetd to, I could pick u up one and send it out to you if you send the money

6. DavidNDC

Newcomer DavidNDC Newbie

United States
    Just about everywhere in the Washington DC metro area seems to be sold out. A manager at a local EB said not to expect any until around Mid January, but who knows...

I'm all for free market, but I must say I got a laugh when I read about the guy that got shot while standing in line for a PS3 was planning on buying 4 to sell on ebay. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/28/ps3-shoo...ebay-profiteer/ Who knew being an "eBay Profiteer" was such a hazardous job? [​IMG]

7. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    What wrong with nintendo lately? Its very rare they run out of everything. In the UK at the moment unless you go down the getting ripped off on ebay route you cannot get the wii.

8. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    "Marketing strategy"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Darksage

Member Darksage GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    "Unexpected rise in popularity"

There's a difference between being prepared and overshooting. Most stores got prepared for the major consoles to all be selling like hotcakes you can hardly blame them for not having truckloads of ds lites prepared. By the time the store began to realise how well it was selling it's usually too late.

Edit because I quoted the wrong guy.

10. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Not true; the old-style DS's ran out over christmas last year too. Silver came back into stock rather quickly but the blue ones went out of stock in November and didn't resurface until the last week of January.

It depends what colour you want; most UK online stores have the White and Pink lites in stock atm. Black's harder to find but there are a few around. It's not worth playing around with dodgy 3rd party dealers though, it'll only be a a week or two before the normal stores get them back in.

11. ambitous21

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i think they would have made more money if they supplied tons, enough for everyone who wanted to buy it for xmas.
    i mean everytime i go near the video games section theres a mom asking for a DS Lite.

they would have made soooo much money
    stupid move on nintendo

12. Arif

Member Arif GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    All stores in NL have DS Lites in all three colors [​IMG]

13. DavidNDC

Newcomer DavidNDC Newbie

United States
    Way to rub it in that not only do you live in an absolutely beautiful country, but also have the world's inventory of NDS's! [​IMG]

Heck I was never even interested in a DS until my daughter scored one for Christmas. The wife and I were instantly hooked and as a long time PC and Xbox gamer myself I must admit that's quite an accomplishment to get my wife hooked on any gaming system - Much less a handheld. Kudos to Nintendo! Now I have an M3 Lite Perfect on order along with 2GB's of memory and I'm jonesing for a DS or better yet two.

Great site btw, I've leaned quite a bit here! [​IMG]

edit: Kuz im a dumey an canint spel