Loading SNES games off a Gameboy cartridge?

Ami_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gameboy cartridges can be played on a SNES using the Super Gameboy, and sometimes include additional features when doing so. There has been a GB cartridge which contains an entire SNES game (Space Invaders).

My question is: could it be possible to take an existing SNES rom hack, wrap it in GB code, and load it off a GB cartridge through a Super Gameboy?

dyOgg8V.png

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I disagree. Most SGB games run GB code on the SGB processor with some enhancements that use SNES hardware. Space Invaders happens to be the only Gameboy game that contains a game mode entirely programmed for the SNES. It may not be "the" SNES ROM for Space Invaders but it is a SNES ROM for Space Invaders. Anyway this thread is not about whether or not Space Invaders is unique.
All games running on SGB fo use both CPUs, including the space invaders mode you love so much.

I got an experiment for you. The SGB have a design defect, the CPU generates an electric interference on the sound chip. So send me a proof of your point right now, fire off space invaders on snes mode and, if the CPU noise disappear, then you're right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ancientboi already making new people mad