Loading saves in NO$GBA

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by purplecho, Jul 16, 2011.

Jul 16, 2011

Loading saves in NO$GBA by purplecho at 11:35 PM (2,012 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. purplecho
    OP

Newcomer purplecho Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, I've been playing Pokemon Red in NO$GBA (latest version - 2.6a) and closed it after using the in-game save option. When I open the game again, there's no option to continue, only to start a new game. I've tried changing the .SAV filename to match the ROM filename (because they didn't match at first) and putting them both in the BATTERY folder, but so far I haven't been able to fix this. I've spent ages searching through Google (maybe I just didn't search for the right thing?) and have looked all the way through this section of the forum with no luck. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I'd be happy to switch to a different emulator if it's just my computer playing up, suggestions of which emulator to choose are welcome.

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Is it even supposed to be possible to play Red in this emulator?
    Use VisualBoyAdvance for GB games, it's the best for those.

3. purplecho
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give VisualBoyAdvance a try. And the ROM I have for Red does run in NO$GBA, although it IS a .GBA file - I didn't notice that at first, maybe it's a hacked version and that's the problem?

4. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    no its not a hacked version it it pokemon fire red which was a remake from the pokemon company.

i too sugguest VBA it is the easiest GBA/GB emulator i've found. it also has save states

5. purplecho
    OP

United Kingdom
    I can see why you'd assume it's fire red, but whichever emulator I play it in (I've downloaded VBA now, can't seem to find a way of loading the SAV file though...) it says 'Pokemon Red' on the title screen, not 'Pokemon Fire Red', and it isn't in colour, so it can't be fire red. I'm starting to think it must be hacked...

6. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    well if sav's dont work save states will i always use sav's and saves states as a back up incase the game didnt save

7. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You probably were using some rom of Red that was compiled into Goomba Color.
    I would recommend just getting another rom of the .gb format this time.

8. purplecho
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help, I've now got a different ROM of Pokemon Red (a .gb file this time - and you were right, the one I had before was a Goomba one, but I'd never heard of them) running in VBA with saving and loading working perfectly.

9. purplecho
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry, double post...