Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by KiiWii,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other games do save for you on same card?

It sounds like the card is write protected. Reading inly games to play but not writing back to save.

Drizzt GitHub page.
i can still write to it with my pc and stuff, oddly though i have to take it out and put it back in in the internet browser before i lauch homebew or i get a FSMount error. Oddly only occurs for my micro sd cards too.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the HID-PAD enabled and i tried using a gamecube controller and my pro controller turn off when in game but if i bring up the home menu it turns back on
I have the HID-PAD enabled and i tried using a gamecube controller and my pro controller turn off when in game but if i bring up the home menu it turns back on

How do you boot into loadiine? Are u self hosting? If so, try loading from loadiine.ovh instead. People have had better luck using this. It's hosted from a server, so there's a better chance of it working. After you're in the homebrew launcher, go to loadiine, double check your settings and try starting up your game. You could also try deleting your settings and set everything back after.

Last edited by Bkool999,
Reactions: HMai

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going here and scroll down to download. It's HID to Vpad without Loadi. This app will kick the console back to the system menu. If it

How do you boot into loadiine? Are u self hosting? If so, try loading from loadiine.ovh instead. People have had better luck using this. It's hosted from a server, so there's a better chance of it working. After you're in the homebrew launcher, go to loadiine, double check you're settings and try starting up your game. You could also try deleting your settings and set everything back after.
could i use this for an xbox controller wired?

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could i use this for an xbox controller wired?
Sorry, I meant to delete the first paragraph. That has nothing to do with loadiine, so it won't help. Unless you wanna test if you can use the controller on the system menu and any legit games you own.

I'm not sure about the xbox controller. There's nothing in the OP about it and I can't test it since I only have a wireless controller.

Last edited by Bkool999,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant to delete the first paragraph. That has nothing to do with loadiine, so it won't help. Unless you wanna test if you can use the controller on the system menu and any legit games you own.
Sounds fine as i own smash and mk8.
Edit: Yeah only playstion controllers work sadly and keyboard which works for me.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other games do save for you on same card?

It sounds like the card is write protected. Reading inly games to play but not writing back to save.

Drizzt GitHub page.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-bin2mp4.417414/
I try it from there but in the source code there is no executable file, all I get is a zip file with many files and folders inside, but I can not see the executable file, please some help?

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, but I get a warm from my OS Windows 10 saying that this file is not secure and that the SmartScreen Filter blocked this file, I desable my antivirus Avast but it is still saying the same thing any clue?
Wasn't sure if I was able to link to this or not, since it's not a thread on here, but here's a screenshot. Most professional post ever, I know. :P

EDIT: Took up too much room. Here's this directly from Google instead. Even though it says Windows 8, it applies to Windows 10 too:

Open Internet Explorer. If you are using Windows 8, open the desktop version of the browser instead of the Internet Explorer app. Then, click the Tools button or press Alt+X on your keyboard. Click on "Safety -> Turn off SmartScreen Filter"

Last edited by Bkool999,
Reactions: KiiWii

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for @dimok. As far as I understand, loadiine works by hooking file opening/reading system calls and redirecting such calls to the sd card instead of the disk. Wouldn't be possible then, to add an additional layer to the hooking process where files are loaded from a unique big file (like an ISO), by computing the right offset/sector and size. As I can see, the slow loading times are mostly due to the fact that when a game has many files in it, the game data gets fragmented in the SD card. Maybe by collecting all the files in one big contigous block and letting loadiine do the translation "file request" -> "ISO sector request" would improve the overall speed.
What do you think about it?
I asked basically the same question a while back and no reply :( Would be really interested in this, Loadiine's biggest problem is atrocious load times and other problems caused by slow loading
At the very least this method should speed up simple file checks (such as the beginning of W101, Star Fox Zero, etc) as it would probably involve a virtual file system

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If people actually paid for the software, they wouldn't be using loadiine, as it hinders the experience one would have with said software, for a number of reasons. It is a means to an end of having stolen software. Making a backup is just as illegal as it is detrimental. The fact that it doesn't download copyrighted content is irrelevant. It is piracy software, and it is now piracy software with an identity crisis. :)
It's much easier to do game mods using Loadiine, so no, that is not the only reason.

I have managed to load loadiine. Is it possible to play large games like bayonetta due to FAT32 4GB restriction? And how?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Has anyone tried an HFS+ formatted SD Card yet? I know that back in the Xbox 360 days, I would use it for a media center at times, and by formatting the drive to HFS+ you could put movies larger than 4GB on the HDD. However, Xbox 360 had native support for iPods and was the reason it could read HFS+ formatted things. If the Wii U has the same support for iPods, although I doubt it does and I haven't checked into it yet, then an HFS+ formatted SD Card would be the solution.

Here is my non-important opinion on the arguments you gave.

First of all "loadiine is not a tool which lets you download/unlock games" as for the first part, i agree, but for the second one, i totally don't, you have private versions with loading of non purchased dlc, which is in that category.

Then "it's not a tool to get things for free", well, the fact that you had to use a different patch for dlc loading that the private one you have for the sole purpose of not loading non purchased dlc show that the private version of the tool gets things for free, you just don't want it to be public.
next part, agree with you, not the loader's fault, and the current public dlc method does not allow for piracy (but the private one obviously does).

Next part, "unlocking is not the job of a loader" well, allow me to disagree, your private loader, i can tell for sure, does load not legally owned dlc, thus unlocking illegally content. also you claim that it's not a piracy tool....get real, i can bet most of you devs use it for that purpose, it IS meant to piracy, but you don't want to be the ones to publicly release that, it's fine, i can understand.

Also for the "project deletion or DMCA"....yeahhh, that's just not happening, i'm still waiting for any communication from nintendo for PastaCFW, which the WHOLE purpose was for piracy, so yeah, not happening.

And also, you should NOT be saying that if people have knowledge to do it not to release it, you should WANT others to release it, would give you much much more leeway in the future, since you wouldn't be the ones to "bring piracy to the console" (which to many people you already are, but that is not the matter discussed here...)

So all in all, it's not a matter of the tool not being designed for piracy, IT IS designed for piracy, you do use it for piracy with private versions, but you don't want to release it to public, and as i said, it's perfectly fine, your software, your decisions, but DO NOT tell that it's not it's purpose, as that is pure BS, you can say that you don't want to be publicly associated with piracy, that is totally fine with me and for some regards, respectable by me, but don't say that it's not what the tool is supposed to do when all the users use it for that.

On the other hand, i do userstand your stand point and do respect it, but damn, give us proper arguments next time, please :)
So how do you expect the developers of this tool to test Game X that doesn't work, but everyone wants to play? Have you sent them money to buy Game X? Besides, like most developers, or even game modders, they probably only load up the game to test, and not to actually play ...

Sounds fine as i own smash and mk8.
Edit: Yeah only playstion controllers work sadly and keyboard which works for me.
Xbox 360 controllers use X-Input and are not HID-USB compatible.

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am having save issues with almost every game. Tried both save options using mii maker method.
Games that won't save
Pokken Tournament
Star Fox Zero
Minecraft

I appear also to be having this issue. Like with yours, my card works just fine on the PC. In addition to this however, Loadiine itself will not generate its config file.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Disregard what I said about the freezing. It turns out I have a sensitive wire and when I unplug it, or if the wired connection slightly disconnects, that's what's making it freeze. I'm assuming this is still regarded as an issue, though?
That should be the issue, I experience the same with a slighty broken usb cable. At the moment the HID support is experimental and has issues like this, but you can be sure that I (or anyone else) tries to fix it.

Reactions: Toscanelli

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1