Homebrew List of Top-Rated HB's for Wii 2018

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am new to homebrew on the Wii, and am looking for a list of good homebrews to try for the Wii, excluding emulators(I've already the ones I want). Currently I've Abbayes des Mortes, WiiSPACE, and WiiDOOM(though it doesnt work). What else is worth a shot? I am looking especially for a good FTP server, some sort of Minecraft clone, and external controller support(Xbox, Logitech, etc.).
Thank you for reading, and maybe replying.

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With wiibrew its a "what you can get" scene. Check out the releases archive; https://wiibrew.org/w/index.php?title=WiiBrew:Homebrew_releases&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Or this which I made in april 2018 (I think)
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Newo_Fox
Hey, I'll check that app out, it looks real cool! Also, I checked WiiBrew, but I'd like some words from experienced users instead of just a wiki description. Like, I can look through the Steam store, but it wouldn't be as useful as if I checked the reviews.
(also im just lazy)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the "probably was more useful 10 years ago yet consoles still can't officially do this" (probably the Xbone can, actually) department, try WiiEarth - one of the 3 providers doesn't work, yet the other 2 still do perfectly!

Amateur game ports? Achtung Wii Kurwe (which surprisingly isn't a common homebrew game), simple but well customizable, and world class soundtrack ;)

FTP... only one I've tried is the one built into WiiXplorer, and it's mostly a gimmick (= 10 more seconds to swap the SD to your computer will likely be paid back in transfer speed and stability)

Every Wii software provides its own controller drivers, so adding more is impossible without either individually modifying each program, or emulating a supported controller

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the "probably was more useful 10 years ago yet consoles still can't officially do this" (probably the Xbone can, actually) department, try WiiEarth - one of the 3 providers doesn't work, yet the other 2 still do perfectly!

Amateur game ports? Achtung Wii Kurwe (which surprisingly isn't a common homebrew game), simple but well customizable, and world class soundtrack ;)

FTP... only one I've tried is the one built into WiiXplorer, and it's mostly a gimmick (= 10 more seconds to swap the SD to your computer will likely be paid back in transfer speed and stability)

Every Wii software provides its own controller drivers, so adding more is impossible without either individually modifying each program, or emulating a supported controller
Ah, I shall check these out too. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...